Titus is basically this dude that Paul the Apostle sent to the island of Crete to gather up preachers who would do God's will. Paul the Apostle wrote a letter to Titus detailing what he was to teach these new preachers. If you haven't read Titus in the bible, you should start with it because it's really, really short. Seriously, it's a good place to start.
So I think the theme of Titus is this: Good works are not to bring us salvation but to reflect our salvation. Like JD says, "You can't earn brownie points to get into heaven". Sometimes I wonder if people see God when they look at me. I want them to but I'm not sure that it always shows...so my goal is to make it show more.
Titus 2.11: For the free gift of eternal salvation is now being offered to everyone. And along with this gift comes the realization that God wants us to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures and to live good, God-fearing lives day after day.
Please, watch this YouTube video...it's so cool. My brother, Kasey, has turned me into a Jars of Clay LOVER!!!!!!!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=txqeyisb688&feature=related
No comments:
Post a Comment