simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Missing Olivia Rose

There's just no way around it...I miss her. It's been five years (almost 6) since Olivia died and I still have that ache in my heart. I don't expect it to ever go away but for some reason, I'm just feeling really blue lately. I want my baby girl back in my arms.

Maybe I've been struggling because Ryan has been asking so many more questions. Insisting that I give him BACK his sister.

Ryan "where's my sister?"
Me "she's in heaven, with Jesus"
Ryan "but why?"
Me "because she died"
Ryan "but why?"
Me "because there was an accident and she died in my tummy"
Ryan "how about take her to the hospital?"
Me "Jesus already fixed her"
Ryan "and she's not broken any more?"
Me "no, she's not broken any more"
Ryan "how 'bout she comes and plays with me?"
Me "some day"

1 comment:

Halo G said...

you know that we miss olivia, too, right? hugs to you. i know how those questions from kiddos can take your breath away with innocence and heartbreak. i wish our living children never had to learn what it means to be missing a sibling, but that isn't the life that is ours. and there must be a reason, for all of us. hugs to you, lisa. and thanks for walking this path with me.