I learned today...
...that when you dial papa's phone number and hand the phone off to boy #1 and he responds with "it's just the message" and then hangs the phone up (or so you think) and proceeds to talk to 'nana'...
...that when that boy is asking 'nana' where papa is and telling 'nana' that mom is on her computer (because 'nana' must have asked)...
....that when that boy finally hands off the phone to mom because she can tell that 'nana' isn't too interested in what he has to say...and is a bit frustrated that 'nana' is not giving the phone to papa...
...that 'nana' wasn't the real nana and was actually a 911 operator (because we're working on that since our recent trip to the fire station). And she wasn't too terribly impressed with my parenting skills. I might add.
So I've learned today that...
1. Ryan really CAN dial 911
2. We need to work on defining 'emergency' a bit better cause wanting papa to take you for a drive to check out the deer- yeah, that's not an emergency.
Lesson learned today and *cough* sorry 911 operator lady. Is this when Bill Ingvall rings my doorbell and says..."here's your sign"?
8 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I had to read this one out loud to Sam, I know it was traumatizing for you and your parenting skills, but we had to laugh out loud. I'm sure that something like this will happen to us someday when Paul is Ryan's age. It's exciting that he is learning right????
Oh no...he DIDN'T!!!! LOL! Well at least now you know he can do it :)
I can't help but smile at this story....I bet your were just horrified when the voice on the other end was NOT Nana's :D Boys...you just got to LOVE them...I hope Papa did come and take him for that drive to look for deer! Have a perfect Sunday! Sweet blessings!
Mason did that ... at age 20 months ... not fun. I realized he had the phone, grabbed it and just hung up.
2 seconds later, the phone rings ... Umatilla County 911 ... calling to make sure we're ok, because we had just called.
NICE. huh?!
At least Ryan knew what he was doing ... because you've taught him {safety} and it wasn't just random numbers being punched :)
Happy Sunday!
That is too funny!
Thats great! He can do it! I haven't actually practiced that with the girls, we talked about it, but they haven't tried it so far. Good for you. Have a great week!
Totally laughing right now...I have always worried and wondered what would happen if one of ours did that! It good that you got to talk to "nana" before she showed up with sirens:)
I had to laugh. My sweet daughter called 911 in the summer (she was not yet 2 at the time) and proceeded to tell the operator all about her new baby brother!
Post a Comment