simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Tour de Yard Sard

Last time we hosted a yard sale, I made a bunch of signs that said, "Yard Sard"...so now that's what we call Yard Sale. Hahahha! I don't know what I was thinking! (Obviously)



Anyway, this is a lil tour of my all time favorite yard sard finds. They are by no means all that I've ever found at yard sales, but like I said, these ones keep my smiling for differerent reasons.



Don't let these beauts fool you. They are a pair of cast iron birds that sit atop our fire mantle. They are my love birds :) And they weight a TON. I picked them up for $10/pr: I just love Italy. Some day, maybe JD will take me there. Until then, I've always got a soft spot for things of Italy and these prints took me there. I got them both for $15:

Here's Ryan and his 'practically brand new' bike. We picked it up for $25:

This lil slide has really earned its stay. Both kids have used it non stop at lately, the favorite thing to do with it is stick it in the kiddi pool. Who knew that for $10 we could have our very own water slide:


Gage's all time favorite. $3:

And these are some of my girlie-ma-bobbers. I picked up these gobblets $2 for all (12):

This is one of my more recent finds. I just love it. JD rolled his eyes when he saw that I wanted yet ANOTHER set of dishes. *smile* I picked up the whole set for a table of 8 for $10:

And here they are in action: hahahaha! My goal is to have a completely different antiquish place setting for a table of 12. I'm on my way...I think I've got enough for 6 different settings as of late! (can you tell I'm just a wee bit excited about this???) I'm even collecting different antique napkins. Can anyone say "DINNER PARTY???" Alright, who's coming???

This is an oil painting and I love LOVE it! Not sure who the artist is and truthfully, I picked it up just for the frame (because it's wood) for $5: There's a signature in the corner but ???

This is one of those items that was on my list for a long, long time. It's tupperware and my mom still has it. It's THEE perfect pancake pourer. I have a Pampered Chef one that is glass, but it's too heavy (and it's a messy pourer). It's also great for measuring hummingbird food :) I picked this up for $.50:


This is super heavy glass that fits my overflow of agates perfectly. I'm not real sure what it is- candle thing perhaps? I leave these rocks on my coffee table and the boys love to put them in the back of their pick up trucks :) $1:


I got a set of two leaded crystal antique end lamps with shades last year and was sooooo excited about it! JD had to do a lil electrical work but now they're great. $15 for both:

I hang this in my pink bathroom. Again, with the Italy thing. It was $1:

This is another leaded crystal lamp. It's SO beautiful when it's lit! It was a bit spendier at $20 but worth every penny:

A few weekends ago, I picked up this lil down throw pillow that matches my bedding perfectly! It was $1:

A few years ago, I picked up this dresser for $40. JD refinished it and we added some glass drawer pulls. I really like how it turned out! And it really does close all the way but what can I say, I was just snappin' pics :)


So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed my yard sard tour. I would love to have company! If you want to go next Saturday, let me know! Maybe JD will let me sneak away from my own yard sard!!! Hahahahahaha. He's so funny. I set the whole thing up and then walk away. I get all attached to things and then refuse to sell them. You should have seen me last year when JD sold my treadmill!!!! Even though I hadn't stepped foot on it EVER, I wanted to keep it.

Packrat? Maybe :)

Oh, and here's the BIG secret to successful yard sarding:

OBIE'S JAVA MOCHA!!!! (and I am totally not kidding)

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Cutest post award to you friend!

I really enjoyed all your awesome yard sale finds.
Thinking I need to go with you yard saling because I have yet to find a "bada bing" picture worthy item. Might hit the jack pot with you around though. I can't beleive you found all that stuff at yard sales. Sooo coool!

hope your day is bright!

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing Lisa! It sounds like so much fun...I want to go with you sometime but we'll be out of town next weekend. Some other time, though!!

Sweet Blessings said...

You did find AWESOME treasures...that make your home the perfect, sweet nest it is :D Thanks for letting me peek...next time I'm over, you know for sure I'm going to keep asking..."did you get this at at yard sale :D"? Sweet blessings!

P.S. Praying your last day is a GREAT one!!!

morevores said...

OMGosh, you make me laugh. Sam ALWAYS calls them "Yard Sard" because of you, it kills me. I would love to go treasure hunting with you, I may just start slowly this weekend at YOUR yard sard. Looking forward to it. :)

Mrs. G said...

Lisa - I loved the tour of your yardsale finds! I might have to do that kind of post sometime - it is so fun to see what "treasures" you come home with. Good luck with your yard sale!

Doozyanner said...

What great finds! I love the soundtrack you have playing...it made me laugh out loud when I realized what it was. My Katie also wants to have a full table setting of mismatched dishes. And go Ryan! What an awesome bike! You'll be FAST on that for sure!

Stacy B said...

You have found some treasures! Yard Sale-ing always reminds me of my mom. She finds the greatest stuff, too. She just bought a new dog house...she doesn't have a dog but "just in case I get one."

Love this post.

Nicole said...

Love it..you are awsome!!
My mom has that tupperware thing too and I agree it ROCKS!!
I used to yard sale B4 kids but you end up picking up a lot of junk when you take the kids with you.

Lindsay said...

smiling :) great big and the tour was fabulous by the way!!

Here's to many, many more treasures!!

Doozyanner said...

Lisa, I've been listening to your play list all afternoon as I work on files. What a nice variety and a good change of pace! (I would have listened to my folk CD over and over again ad nauseum just because I was too busy to bother changing it!)Haaaaaapppppy summer!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! So glad you are posted this and shared all your goodies. We need to have a garage sale day in Walla Walla!

Kailin said...

Wooden snowshoes for Noahs room...maybe some art work...let me know when my order is in:)Amazing finds!