Our friends came allllll the way from Wenatchee to share the fair with us. Here's Candy, super woman she is, carrying a five year-old and pushing and almost-two-year-old. Super woman, I tell ya!
Our first stop was to Pierce Hall, of course, to check and see if anything I entered won any ribbons. I was hoping to at least get a second place on my cherries since I drove alllll the way home to grab them at the last minute when I realized there was only one other entry! I figured I'd at least get a red~ hahahahaha!
Imagine my surprise when JD started yelling that my cherries won first place! And then I ran over to realize that the ones he was referring to weren't mine....but when we DID find mine....there was a BLUE ribbon on them! SHOCK to the nation. Seriously! I was so excited, I took a picture - shaking and all! Everyone in Pierce Hall was staring at me but do you think I cared? Um, not the least! Hahahaaha!!!!
Then we went to check out the pictures and you can imagine the squeal I let out when Candy said, "I see a cowboy picture of Ryan with a blue ribbon on it!". UN.BELIEVE.ABLE. JD took our picture (and Ryan felt famous :)
I learned a lot about categorizing pictures, for sure! I put JD and Ryan on the Columbia in 'water scenes' and about died when all the other pics in that category were of waterfalls and lakes! lol. Live and learn, I suppose.
I just thought it was super neat to have some pictures that I took among all those other GREAT photos! I have never done this before and it's very nerve-racking. You sort of put yourself out there and wait to be judged - I can't think of one person who LIKES that feeling! But it was just fun to see my kids in blown-up pictures...and hear people comment about them in an artsy kind of way. And listen. We all know who the REAL artist is here; I was just lucky enough to push a button at a right time. ;)

6 comments:
Cute pictures. We had a great time too. Thanks for having us down to visit. The peppers were a hit with Jeff too. Sorry we stole your last jar JD. :) We are going to try to make some of our own and we will send some your way. Thanks again for the visit. We will have to do it again.
I'm supposed to correct you...Mack said she is 6 and almost 7. Not 5. HAHAHAHA
caramel apples, huckleberry lemonade ... and a trip through the photos ... we both found similar goodness at the county fair!!
So proud of you and the pics ... and those Cherries ROCK!! :)
You continue to share your goodness with others ~ keep it up!
Your pictures were well deserving of those blue ribbons! And man those cherries look yummy!
I am so glad you had a fun time at the fair this year!
How fun!! Your cherries look yuum-my!!
First place on cherries and photos! Congratulations! I love your hair curly, just love it.
Post a Comment