simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a {real} American hero.

A {real} American hero sets a tone. He stands proud and others take notice - maybe even enough to walk in his footsteps some day.



a {real} American hero finds the JOY in a child's smile and gentleness in his flag-gripped fingers.

A {real} American hero looks up and answers to the {real} Commander in Chief.

A {real} American hero has a patient heart and watchful spirit.

A {real} American hero has an army of prayer warriors defending him.

I was blessed to watch 100s of {real} American heroes board a bus today on their way to Afghanistan. I watched as they kissed their wives and gently wiped their tears. I watched as they strolled their newborn children and tossed their toddlers into the air. I watch as they bought candies from vending machines and playfully purchased their final "Oregon" meal.
All I could think about was how heroic they {are}. All these men and women are {real} American heroes. Every.single.one. (but the dude in the middle there...third from the right...that's my brother and he's pretty special!!!)

See that blue, Oregon flag? It's practically pointing at Aaron!

These heroes of {ours} are loved. So very, very loved.

These heroes of {ours} will be missed. So very, very much.

I am so proud to stand next to a {real} American hero.
I am so proud to be on a field with countless others.

Thank you for your sacrifice.






Godspeed.
{only} 363 more days.
Ephesians 6:14

7 comments:

Snackem said...

A whole lot of Real American Heroes. I wish I could have been there to see them off, wish them luck and tell them that I'm praying for them.

God bless, stay safe and I'll be sure to be there for your return party.

Kristie said...

God bless them all. May God's protection be over each and every one of them until they return.

God speed Aaron! We are praying you through!

Sweet Blessings said...

Lisa,

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute to your brother and all those who are heros! You did such an amazing job of capturing it in photos and words...Misting up...and so praying every single day for all those heros selflessly giving! Love you~ Sweet blessings!

Nicole said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Lisa This is beautiful! Thankyou to all who sacrifice your lives for us. Lord please keep watch over every one of these Heros and bring them home safe -SOON!

Lindsay said...

This is beautiful Lisa ... and your brother is blessed to have such a loving, dedicated, encouraging, and supportive family!

God Speed Aaron ...

Anonymous said...

WOW.....tears.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this beautiful tribute to our heroes. God is good and He is in control. I pray for the men and women of ORANG 3rd of the 116th every day.