simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

a rant.

Dear dude at Macy's last night,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but the family restroom at Macys is intended for just that - families. It's especially intended for families with {young} children - you know the kind, right? You must have enough empathy to understand that a dancing three year old has T-minus four seconds to be stripped of not only his pants, but also his shoes AND socks before there is a puddle on the floor. You know that, right? You also must know what it's like to nurse a baby while sitting on a toilet in an echo-y room with the said three year old singing, to the top of his lungs, his ABCs...you know what that's like, right?

Well then.

I'm just wondering why you felt it necessary to use the family restroom when you didn't have your family in tow. Is it because it's nice? Or is it because it's closer to the escalator? Either way, I don't mind waiting because I've gotten pretty good at distracting little ones long enough to wait our turn.

My beef, however, is this. Next time you use the family bathroom at Macys, could you be so kind as to flush the toilet? Ode to your pee was almost gagable. What's more, could you take the time to lift the toilet seat too? Someone else's pee on the backside of my jeans is not a great look.

Thankyouverymuch,

disgusted.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL! OMGoodness...just a little consideration dude a little consideration!

Marcee said...

ewwww!!! So sorry for your bad experience! I remember nursing in bathrooms, not the most ideal place.

Jessica said...

Ick. Hehehehe...I think shopping is overrated! :) Love the storytelling though!

Sweet Blessings said...

OH so smiling at this post...SORRY..because I'm sure it's not in the least smile material to you :D I just LOVE how God speaks through you...and that He gave you the wisdom & creativity to handle a baby and a three-year old shopping! Love you sweet girl~ Sweet blessings!