These are the days of our life and I wanna record them complete with dorkiness and randomness (and glory, of course):
Life has been really good lately. It seems as though the pace has settled in a bit and we're all getting used to our new schedules. The boys are content and I have even found a few hours here and there to do things on my never-ending list. Last weekend, JD took Ryan bird hunting while Gage and I stayed inside (and out of the rain!). It's been a looooong time since a kid in our house has taken a three hour nap, so while Gage was sleeping I was able to do some deep cleaning and man, it feels good. When it was all over, I just couldn't resist taking a picture of our dust-free coffee table!
Girlhood rock collecting meets womanhood display de elegante:
Neat, huh? Now, the picture really doesn't do it justice. All those rocks in there are carefully polished agates that have been the center of many many many conversations. Hopefully this thingy will be full by this time next year. We're going to have to plan more rock-kicking outings.
What can I say, really? This life rocks.
6 comments:
i LOVE YOUR ROCK COLLECTION AND THAT FACT THAT YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR COFFEE TABLE! I JUST TOOK A PIC OF MY FIRST BANANA BREAD i HAVE EVER MADE (WHICH I AM GOING TO POST LATER) I THINK I WILL OUT-DO YOU IN THE DORKY DEPARTMENT! LOVE YOU GIRL!
Thanks for bringing a smile to my day...I loved your post...because it's real!!! And, your rock collection truly does ROCK! Hopefully, your boys will become rock collectors too! As, for the dust...if I ever dusted, I'd want to capture that perfect moment too! Have an Awesome rest of the week...May God fill it with many ta-da moments! Sweet blessings!
You are not a dork. You rock! But I have one question, what are you going to do when its full and you still want to collect more rocks? you will be left with the same dilema of where to put them? No really, the rock thing is awesome, I wish I could think of something like that. I love getting chances to really deep clean, its so refreshing, really lifts some of the weight off. Plus its exercise too!
How cool is that?! Love your collection :)
i love the geek in you!
i've been trying to think of what to do with nate's rock and stick and leaf collection, but i don't think his are worthy of a glass jar in my living room at this point. but yours certainly are! very nice.
now, as for the dusting . . . my house could use a good cleaning . . . wanna come for a visit?
Dorkdom...I like that word. But I think I have you beat, hands down. Exhibit A: a recent blog about my denim jacket...lame-o...and have you seen the video of me dancing with my mouth open?? hahaha I love being a dork. And your rocks look great, by the way. My rocks are on the windowsill in my classroom and I've started giving them away to random kids who admire them.
Post a Comment