I got the call from the mole doctor today. Actually, it was his nurse. She called to give me my 'results' - you know, the results that mean you either have skin cancer and you're going to die or not.
Turns out, I'm not going to die but I'm still pretty insistant that those should have been the first words out of her mouth.
So instead of telling that I'm going to live, she started with my first mole- explaining that it was some kind of 'growth' and not really even a mole at all. Evidentally, that's a good thing. Then she said to me, "and you know the other two moles you had...?"
"OF COURSE I KNOW THE OTHER TWO MOLES I HAD. JUST TELL ME I'M GONNA DIE LADY!!! COME ON. GET IT OVER WITH"
(all the while JD is laughing because I think that's how he deals with the news that is wife is about to die- perhaps one of those nervous type reactions- whatever the case may be, it does NOT help)
Turns out those two moles, they're just moles - not even 'abnormal' - just normal, really. And thank you so much if you threw up a prayer or two for me because I was actually kinda worried about. You can't tell, can ya?
Oh my gosh, and you cannot even tell me you're not rolling laughing at the title of this post, huh??!!! So I've got more moles to go ...
...and cheers to 'normal'.
7 comments:
Such good news...glad you're "unmolecular." (Not as clever as your play on words.) I wanted to say thanks again for turning me on to Photo Story...I'm putting together another video of our women's river trip--and you'll laugh at what a untechie nerd I am--I just discovered that I could load all my pictures at once by holding down the control button! Ah! Much faster now! :-)
I'm so glad that your mole's are fine...you know I waw freaking out right along with you, I get so scared of my own moles. I would think that in Dermatology Nursing 101 they would teach them how to just come right out and say it. We can't possibly be the only ones that feel this way right??? Ugh, anyway...even if it took her forever to say it...IT's GOOD NEWS and I'm so glad!!
HOORAY!!!
Yeahhhhh....for a good check-up...you just so make me laugh as you write your stories!!! And, the title of your post....tooooooo GOOD!!! Happy Friday...may it be filled with more GOOD things! Sweet blessings!
I am glad everything checked out OK! I think you have inspired me to check one or two of mine looked at.
Praise God!! So thankful that you got some good news :)
Hope you're having a GREAT weekend friend ~
Very good news!
I pretty much have been the worst blogger and blog reader ever so I am just catching up!
Excited to see you Sunday!
Post a Comment