simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Portland

We're back :) ...and we had a GREAT time!



-The reading conference was fabulous (as always).

- I spent waaay too much money on books for my kids (reading conferences will do that to ya).

-The food was incredible (stuffed salmon, Gustav's... and seafood everything).

- I actually saw a real 'live' pair of True Religion jeans (a ridiculously expensive brand of denim that, as urband legend has it, are the ultimate pair of jeans). I even convinced myself that one cannot put a price on the perfect fit - and let's just say that they are not 'my' perfect fit. :)


- JD and I got shin splints (not really) at IKEA and bought Gage the cutest little table and chairs set for his birthday. I can't wait to see him put together his puzzles on it. We even picked up a few little froggy and crabby chair pads...

- JD gave a woman in need $25 at IKEA - he told me she immediately started hugging him and was asking for his address so she could pay him back. He told her not to worry about it and to have a nice day- what a guy, huh? Seriously.

- We went to dinner with some really great friends that JD and I actually 'hooked up' (who are now in LOVE):




They make a cute couple, huh? We went to a place called 'Jakes' in downtown Portland for dinner (with a bunch of other great friends) and afterward Davis said to JD,

"I can tell that you and your wife really love each other a lot- what's it like being married to the woman of your dreams?"

{sigh} Can other people really 'see' that?

We're approaching 9 years married and 12 years together- we're high school sweethearts who fell in love at first sight but struggled to stay together long distance. We've seen the heights of mountains and the depths of valleys. I've been happier than I ever thought I would be- I've been 'madder than a hornet', as my grandmother would say and even still...after all of {that} and much of {this} I am more in love with him than I ever dreamt possible.

This weekend just melted the huge, frozen burg that is [shiftwork] and [stress] and [cold sheets next to me] and [email instead of kisses] and [driveway waves]...and replaced it all with a rainbow of

I.am.so.grateful.that.this.is.my.life.and.I.get.to.share.it.with.

him

period.

6 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

What a heart-warming, inspiring post! And, YES it is apparent how very much you two Love each other...Most of all, how awesome that you are both shining for Jesus! I do so know how you feel about the distance that can happen in a marriage when you don't get to be "together" every day enjoying the normal parts of marriage. But, in so many ways, I think it creates and even stronger bond! My heart is smiling for you! And, I'm still praying for God's wisdom with your little guy! May the glow from this weekend carry you through this week of Love celebrating!!! (also, known as the sugar-high before the official Valentine's day..in the three year old world!) Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

Love this post.
Love that your love is real.
Love that you are open and honest about the love in your life.

Just plain {love} that I'm blessed to get a glimpse into your blessed life.

Have a GREAT week!

Amy said...

Ok. Stop with the jeans. You look great, all the time, in all of your pants. I didnt know it was so serious that you were contemplating true religion. I heard that GAP was supposed to have the best jeans for "women" Have you check them out?

I'm so glad you went to IKEA, and that JD is so generous. But if the woman was in need what was she doing at IKEA? LOL!!!

So glad you guys had this weekend together.

hugs.

Crystal said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend! You two deserve it. Yes, it is pretty obvious that you and JD share a special kind of LOVE for each other.

Lisa said...

Amy = you are so funny! Yes, I have tried Gap and I have a few pairs but they just aren't the best. Most of what I have is relaxed fit/stretch and I'd rather have something hold me in a little tighter:) I just tend to get something in my head and won't stop until it's satisfied...(ugh).

I KNOW what you mean about the woman at IKEA- lol- I said the same thing to JD but he said all he could think about was me getting stranded and needing money-and sticking close to other people, where it's safe- hahaha.

Stacy B said...

You have been busy. It is so nice to see that you got out of town and got the refresher that you needed.

Have a great week.