simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Setting my Sights

I can't even begin to tell you the transformation that is going on deep within my soul right now. The study through Esther has been eye-opening, reassuring, and encouraging. I feel like some real heavy weights are being lifted and I can't wait to blog about what I've learned. Honestly, I feel like I'm morphing- I'm shedding skin and God's fingerprints on my life are being revealed and magnified (not that they haven't been noticed before, but it seems like lately, they are sparkling).

For now, I'm using this picture of Ryan to illustrate the change in me.

I'm setting my sights differently- much like this:


(yes, those are binoculars taped to a cap gun- is he not brilliant? He is such a problem solver)

And I have to tell you that it's taken something BIG to refocus my sights, but I'm doin' it and it's been worth it (even if it looks ridiculous): I am off to Portland this week{end} for the big ORA reading conference. JD is sneaking away with me and I cannot wait for our little weekend get-a-way. It'll be a short one - and that's okay - but for this weekend, I'm going to focus my sights on the silent, steadfast man who has my heart.

More on the morph to come...

3 comments:

morevores said...

My prayer is that you and J.D. make the most of every moment on your sneak vacation. You need it and most of all deserve it. I'm looking forward to hearing that you guys did nothing but enjoy each other, (and of course a yummy margarita). Have fun.

P.S. Ryan is sooooo clever. It's that combo Johnson and McElroy blood...a born problem solver. :)

Sweet Blessings said...

Smiling that God is revealing himself in amazing ways to you...and that you get to spend some time away with the man of your dreams! I'll be praying God blesses it in AMAZING ways! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

WOW!! Love how the pictures tell the story too :)
Can't wait to hear how the FUN weekend went too!