Ryan is 5!!!!
(and pardon me while I stand here shell-shocked)
If you know Ryan, then you know he loves campin'.
LOVES campin'.
Loves to roast dogs.
Loves to roast mallows.
Loves to fish.
Loves to sleep in a tent.
Loves {everything} that {is} camping.
So it's no surprise, then, that we threw a camping party for him.
Here's his cake, complete with cornflake trees and a fruit roll up tent:
This was one of those ideas that sounded way better than it turned out. Those green streamers were supposed to look like a tree...you know? The kind you see campin' :)
When the kids arrived, they saw all kinds of campin' stuff laying around the yard.
pine cones
snakes (plastic) - Gage's favorite :)
bugs (plastic)
rocks
They each got a ziplock bag with a scavenger hunt printed on it and started searching...
When they found all their 'stuff' they brought me the bag in exchange for a PRIZE!!!
Each kid got the campin' essentials:
a flashlight.
a compass.
and cookies.
yeah, I said essentials.
11 comments:
What a fun, fun party! Happy Birthday, Ryan! I can't believe you're 5 already!!!! :-)
You have the most amazing ideas, and are a wonderful entertainer!! Ryan is so lucky to have a mom(and dad) like you. I would love some toasted marshmallows right about now.
I think I missed an AWESOME Campin' party! Thanks for sharing the magical moments of the day through your pictures! Just smiling for you and your five year old! Sweet blessings!
P.S. Praying your Sunday has been a GREAT one too!!!
It looks like Ryan had an awesome day. You are so creative Lisa. The cake was way cool and looked yummy!
LOVE the pictures. Especially Ryan and the hotdog!
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Happiest of Birthdays wished for you Ryan! I know {5} is going to be filled with some amazing adventures, lots of love & a huge amount of growth for you little man!
** love the hot dog picture ... and what a fun scavenger hunt idea :)
Happy Birthday Ryan. The party looked like a lot of fun! Have you ever thought about being a party planner????
How FUN!! We were so bummed to miss it! Love the cake, and the comment about cookies being an essential part of campin' :) Amen to that!
What an awesome 'boy' party...every little boy would love this.
Great ideas.
What a fantastic idea! I bet the kids had sooo much fun roasting dogs and marshmallows! All three of mine are late fall/winter and I just adore summer parties!
What a cute party. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!
Amanda
Love the pictures, especially of the one where the hotdog is disappearing in the mouth!!! I was #256 on Kelly's blog, Princess Party
Cindy
Post a Comment