endurance
strength
persistance
passion
heart
...well, I guess that appeals to me. Maybe I'm competitive like that. Or maybe not. I mean, the only person I really want to {beat} running, is JD. Does that sound bad? So here's the deal:
I want to run a marathon before I die.
There I said it. Okay, you can stop laughing.
Seriously. I want to do it and I've made up my mind that it's gonna happen. I'm going to run Bloomsday in Spokane next spring and I want to extend a personal invitation to anyone else who wants to run a marathon before they die as well. Before I do that, however, I want to be VERY clear on a couple of things.
1. I am not TRAINING for this. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing (which is running about 3-4 times per week). I have enough to worry about so I'm not going to go all crazy marathon lady and drink protein shakes and all that jazz. I'm just not.
2. There is a HUGE possibility that I may walk a large portion of this and I'm fine with that (because if what's-his-face on Biggest Loser can walk, then so can I).
3. I am prepared to run this marathon by myself. THAT's how bad I want to do this in my lifetime, so don't feel obligated to join me if your {heart} really isn't there.
4. I sweat A LOT, so don't be alarmed. It's genetic or something.
5. I breathe really HARD when I run, so don't freak out. I'm fine.
Just think. By this time next year, I'm gonna pin a number to my chest and run 7 miles.
You in?
8 comments:
I. AM. IN. !!!!!!!!
P.S. i sweat more than you, i will probably walk some too, AND i may just pass out all completely! BUT i BELIEVE I can finish it and would love to have you by my side when i do. :)
I guess I better get these legs moving!
Um.....how many laps around the track equals 7 miles??????? :)
p.s. you rock
you had me until the 7 miles part, I don't think I can do 7 miles... I'll get back to you! My face get's beat red when I run...not sure why.
I am totally in for Bloomsday, I did it when I was 16 and it was an absolute blast. Geez, when you said "marathon" I thought you meant 26 miles or however long a marathon is. And the great thing about Bloomsday is that there are SO MANY PEOPLE and its so crazy that it totally doesnt feel like 7 miles at all. Until the last mile when you get to Doomsday Hill, then you want to die. I say lets do it!!
Oh, sweet girl...I just LOVE your passion for things...Count me in...NOT in the running part...but, I'll definitely be praying you on & on in this journey :D I know YOU will do it...and I'm pretty sure you WILL be running the whole way! So, run, Lisa, run!!! Sweet blessings!
I'm in!
to walk it ... did it last year and LOVED it :)
Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!
Ok Lisa here it is in writing. Of course I'll do it with ya. I did once around the age of 18 or so. Thought for sure I was gonna die...but didn't. Oh and by the way if you're not sweating then you're not doing it right. Sweat is a good thing. Happy running!!
I'm with Lindsay I will walk. I have NEVER been a good runner even in grade school I was always last. Kudos to you though!!
I'm in! I wish we loved close to each other so we could train. I have done Bloomsday 5 times and always want to run but always walk. Woo Hoo! Let's do it sista!
Post a Comment