Arrival Time: 3:30pm.
Maps needed: 2 (and 1 gps)
Coolers: 2 (1 for fixins and 1 for meat)
Adults: 3 (JD, myself, and my dad)
Kids: 5 (my brother's 3 kids and my 2)
2 trucks.
1 boat.
3 tents.
1 Weber grill (from a yard sale)
1 black dog (Sadie girl- from the pound)
Endless baby wipes.
And here she is in all her glory: Olive Lake
Little boys just belong there.
Alright, alright, maybe grown up girls do too...
JD and 'the crew' (not to be confused with JC crew)
parked the rigs. 'Rigs' is hillbilly slang for a truck.
By the end of this post, you'll realize that...
we're all just a bunch of hillbillies
(whether we like it or not).
Anyway, here's Gage and our campsite:
(note the straps around JD? Yeah, those are to hold
all his guns in place). Like I said, hillbillies
with a capital 'H'.
(but these hillbillies will not be 'wolfed' by bears,
I can assure you of that).
if he can unhook the trailer.
This picture just speaks for itself:
My dad and his crew making their maiden voyage:
Like I said, grown up girls belong here as well:
My new motto is: "My hips don't lie", which is true. They don't.
gorgeous niece, Ashley:
We went for a lil excursion while Ryan and my dad were on the boat:
my dad if he can blow his rescue whistle.
The answer never changes...
but I doubt he'll stop asking.
I think he gets that from JD (hahahaha)
My dad is just yelling "pull....Pull...PULL!!!"
I used to fall for that too.
They don't, for one second, lie about the
3 children they've birthed.
the 36 plus hours of labor times three.
the oreo cookie fetish
the insatiable craving of whoppers
and so, when my hubby photographs me
in my yoga pants
in God's country
and tells me I'm one hot mama
my new motto is
these hips of mine...
they do.not.lie.
(and I'm startin' to kinda like it that way)
(and I'm startin' to kinda like it that way)
to keep all the smaller logs from cloggin'
up the creek. Neat, huh?
Doesn't this look like THEE perfect
place to take a dip?
Too bad it's FA-REE-Zing.
I know, I know.
I was trying to look out for the best interest
of the campers around us.
I swear. I was.
Gage and his "yam":
I think grown up men belong in God's country too, don't you?
Here's why we left earlier than expected:
We woke up to a monsoon.
We were completely soaked.
-----
JD packed the entire camp up (in the rain) by himself, so you can probably imagine how happy he was (hahahaha). What really made his day was that he ripped out the crotch in his jeans when he jumped into the boat! We met my dad at McDonald's in Pendleton for some 'grub'.
-----
Imagine this: You are eating your Big Mac and in walks a bunch of hillbillies with their trucks JAM packed full of campin' gear. You can't help but let your jaw hit the ground as you gawk. The chic you see looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket. Her hair is one great big puff of highlighted Afro (that would be me). The kids are covered in dirt from head to toe and one is still in her pajamas (that would be Ashley). Mind you, it's 1:00pm. You take in a whiff as one man walks by and retch into your meal; the scent of wet dog lingering long after he's taken his seat (that would be my dad, who slept with Sadie in the back of his truck). As you gasp in gratitude that the tribe has finally been seated, you then notice a man...a rather large man with what appears to be weaponry strapped to his sides, walking toward you with an over flowing McDonald's tray. That's not really what causes you to gather your kin and head for the door. As the man begins to walk nearer, you notice his pants...and the 8 inch hole he has in the crotch. As your eyes meet his, he must be reminded of the hole and begins to shimmy as though he's holding an aspirin between his knees. As he draws nearer, you see more and more of his SKIN. You gather your children, cover their eyes, and throw away their half-eaten meals. You will not have your family eating with hillbillies!
------
If you live in Pendleton and hear of this story, don't worry. It was just us. And, um, yeah, we didn't realize how scary we looked until we saw the reaction from onlookers. JD told me I should have announced that we were down out of the hills to get our shots!
And this one's a lil piece of proof (for Crystal). JD's pants:
9 comments:
Rudd and I are LOAO!!! Rudd says that JD always blows out his pants...Rudd does too!
This is sooooo darn funny! You will be laughing about this for years to come.
Oh my gosh~ your pics are amazing! You look so hot ( I like that shirt!)
The pictures of the boys in the boat are definitely Frame-worthy. Soooo cool!
I loved this story. I laughed all over again. Gotta show this to Jason tomorrow. :)
Adventure after adventure ... that's your life!! :)
Love the photos.
Love your boys.
Love that you're in these photos too.
Love that you continue to make lemonade (over and over again) when life hands you lemons or monsoons :)
Enjoy your own bed tonight!
** darn it anyway that I didn't get my sign in your yard before you got home :) LOL
Oh sweet girl, I cannot stop laughing over your whole adventure...truly, truly you need to write a book entitled..."A wife's guide to camping"! I'm thinking it would be a best-seller!!! But, as a side note...I think you looked totally adorable in your "campin' style"! Thanks for bringing joy to my heart and laughter to my spirit, and most of all Sweet blessings to my life!
P.S. So wish I could of been gawking at you'all at McDonalds!!! :D
Oh my gosh I love your stories!! you crack me up!!
We just went to Olive lake too and there was a bob cat sighting so those Guns were very appropriate!
You always crack me up. Atleast JD went in to get you guys food. Jeff would have NEVER allowed us out of the car. HAHAHA. He's funny like that.
You on the other hand look GREAT. JD is very right to call you a smokin hot mama.
We are gonna come visit soon.
I am so cracking up at your McDonald's story - I can totally picture your family in my mind (and unfortunatly JD's crotch rip is in there too) because it is just too funny! That's one adventure you won't be forgetting soon!
we have similar camping stories. pulling up soaking wet (read: sitting in a 6 inch deep puddle) gear to get it in the trunk of the car. all the dry stuff in the back seat. camping on the lochsa! only to drive through the night and come across a car PARKED in the right lane of the freeway. no, not stopped. parked. it was quite an adventure.
you are right, we all belong in god's country now and again. willow went camping for the first time last weekend.
you are HOT! don't let your female modesty say otherwise. those hips are beautiful and so are you! (by the way, you look like you've lost weight.)
and as for the jeans, we have a recommendation: diamond cut jeans. jeff used to wear out or blow out his jeans all the time until he started wearing diamond cut.
Oh my goodness....you are a GREAT storyteller :) Loved your recount of the McD's incident and yes....you are a hottie!
Post a Comment