simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fishers of Men

You might be wondering where these guys went...a few weeks ago, we went fishin' with some brand spankin' new friends. Friends that I actually met {bloggin} if you can believe that!


Here's Darrin and this is {his} pond:


And this is his wife, Angela. I guess it's probably {her} pond too. And just so you know, getting your pics taken constantly is just one of the many perks of being my friend :) (Brooo-Ha,ha) I told her that this should be her new facebook profile picture. What do you think?We went fishing (and BBQing) near a pond on their farm.


Here's Trey (their youngest boy) eatin' some of the bait :) And just so you know, it's Velveta and every single kid ate some! Hahaha


Dylan (their oldest boy) who just so happens to be one of the best Gator drivers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. There's just something about fishin', you know?

Something fun.

Something magical.

Something exciting.

Something {new}


This was the trip when I got {lucky} and snapped some really cools pictures...My friend, Lindsay (another blogging buddy but that's for another post...) was kind enough to morph it into my new banner! (Thanks Linds)gotta love a sunset picture! Can you see Mt. Adams in the distance? So cool! It was such a neat way to get to know new people and we had so much fun!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess if I could tell a {different} kind of story about this fishing trip it would be this:

I hate to admit it but I've always been a kind of hermit. A lot like this one actually.
picture from (myanimalblog.wordpress.com)
I just would rather stay at home - dink around the house - dink around the yard - talk to my own 'kind' - laugh with my own 'kind' - feed my own 'kind'. I just like to be at home, okay? I'm a teacher and should probably be a bit more 'public' and all but sometimes I just use up all my public words for the day and wanna stay {home}.
But God's been workin' on me. He's been pushing me to {connect} and {fellowship} and learn with ... new people. He's been pushing me to reach out...and up...and left...and right...and he's been teaching me to {fish}. Fishin's not really my thing, ya see. So it's kinda tough.
Because I'm not talking fishin' for fish.
I'm talkin' fishin' for people.
When was the last time you put some {bait} on the line? (and by bait, I mean....and invitation....or a need....or a hope/dream/fear) When was the last time you made someone's day? Someone who you don't normally connect with? Don't normally 'deal' with? When was the last time you literally went out on a line - a fishing line?
Believe me when I say, I'm much MUCH more comfortable in my shell.

For me, it's a daily struggle because it doesn't come natural. I like my {home}. I like my {own} but sometimes, I feel called to something different. Sometimes I feel called to fish. Do you?
Mathew 4:18-20 "As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20At once they left their nets and followed him."

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun! I'm thrilled you ventured out and caught some of the finest people out there!! :)

I'm so missing that pond. It was my home for 5 years. Goodness ... I'm all teary about a dang pond!

Great photos ... and yes ... that picture is definitely worthy of facebook :) (love you Ang)

Enjoy the times when God's {pushing} you ... it's GOOD stuff!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I am so glad you threw some bait out there and I caught it! What a blessing your family is and we love you!

Maeg said...

I know exactly what you mean! You are so good at putting things into perspective!

Sweet Blessings said...

You write was such great humor..I always am smiling from ear to ear as I read along....I LOVE how you connected your fishing trip to being a fisher-girl for God :D And, I LOVE that you have a brand spakin' new friendship with that precious family...!!! Have a GREAT evening! Sweet blessings!

Crystal said...

I just love reading your blog Lisa. You have such a gift for writing. Your words are inspiring thought in me and all who read your blog.

So glad you are branching out and "fishing". Any {fish} is lucky to be caught by you!

Looking forward to summer and getting to spend time with you guys!

Nicole said...

What a great post this is so truw of my life too, but I need to start fishing more!!

Katie said...

I have a huge smile on my face right now reading this! It's always so fun to read your posts!!

BTW~Ang told me that Gage has pink eye! So sorry. Hope he is feeling better SOON!!