(because my memory card is FULL and I'm having a tough time pushing 'delete')...yes, even though they are on my puter....and my external drive....and on this blog....I know, I'm a memory-savin', can't part with even the bad pictures kind of dork.
I have a few things to get off my chest and, well, this blog is the venue so pardon me for a sec.
First of all, Gage is sick. He's got pink eye, a teeny cough, and is just plain sicko. He wants to be held all the time (which is actually kind of nice since he's never been a hold me kind of kid). But he's sick and I can tell he's sick of it. Poor lil guy!
Secondly, we totally scored yesterday yard-saling (just so you know, this was before Gage got, what I call level 2 sick and pre doctor visit). At our first stop, we scored a "practically brand new" bike for Ryan. $25! Total steal. Ryan was super excited and kept thanking me the entire day.
Oh my gosh, speaking of thanking....and good manners and all....we went to TJ Maxx last week and they are remodeling the entire store. Back by the bathrooms, they have a guard standing duty so people don't sneak out the back door with arm loads of goods. Anyway, Ryan had to use the restroom so I was standing in the hall watching the rr door and watching Gage dink around with some toys. The guard walked Ryan to the bathroom and as the door opened, he said "Thank you, sir". Such a well-mannered lil boy we have. Ha!
Back to yard-saling.
I'm hoping to put together a lil story will all my favorite yard sale finds...some day. Because seriously. Yard saling is where it's AT.
We are hoping to put together a yard sale of our own by next week. I am drooling over a new camera so I'm goin' all girl-scout tween and throwing a yard sale to 'earn' some cold, hard cash for this new obsession.
Secretly, saving money for something you really really want feels good.
And I realize it kinda sounds lame because, like JD says, "Why don't you just go buy it?"
Well, because. That's why. I want to save for it...if nothing else, just to see if I can. I'm looking seriously at the Nikon D90 and I totally realize that it's a professionalish grade camera and I'm somewhere underground in terms of photography world but here's the deal: I want a camera that takes pictures that are crisp - like looking through a window. And the Nikon is it (I think).
I'm going to come no where near earning the price of the camera at the yard sale but it'll get me going in the right direction. Besides, I can always put together a car wash or go door to door for pop cans! Hahahaha.
Okay, I'm going to press 'delete' on my camera. I really am.
Oh, and lastly- my hubby is the best. He called me this morning at 7am and the first thing he said when I answered the phone was, "I'm okay". And he was. Okay, I mean. He had to, as he calls it, 'get physical' at work and spend a good amount of time doing paperwork. But he's okay. And how great is it that that's the first thing out of his mouth? Does this man know me or what?
Top of the weekend to ya'll (that's Irish meets cowgirl- which, by the way, I am neither)!
8 comments:
I love reading your posts. Sometimes you just crack me up. I really have to try getting on the yard sale bandwagon. I'm kind of a craigslist saler. Love it. We will plan a visit soon.
Sorry to hear about little Gage being sick....definitely no fun. Enjoy that cuddle time though!
I totally know what you mean about saving for something you want. I am on the same track with the yard sale thing....only not nearly as organized as you probably are. Gotta get me some new pots and pans!!!
I am also {dreaming} of a new camera.
Good find on the bike. I bet Ryan was sooooo excited!
P.S. You do have one great hubby. Glad all is OK.
Love to you pal!
PLEASE take me yard saling...there are never any good one's here in Raymond...yet another reason to move back...what is that reason number 99??? When it get's to 147 I'll convince Rudd to move back.
Hope to see you soon! I hope Gage feels better
lol...I think I may have a few pop cans laying around if you want 'em ;)
Hey you! We are totally on the same wave length right now! I am also addicted to yard-saling and I am also holding my own in two weeks and (wait for it) I am also saving money for a new camera! Crazy huh? Good luck and I can't wait to hear how everything turns out!
P.S. I'm very sorry to hear Gage is sick - that is never easy on Moms!
so sorry that Gage is sick - darn it anyway!!
Praying that all is well in your world soon and your summer begins smoothly :)
a camera that takes pictures as quick as a click and is as clear as a window ... necessary and worth every penny you save! I have some pop cans too :)
Oh, I so want you to take me yard saling :D Or, maybe I should give you my wish list of treasures to find?!?! Sorry, to hear about Gage...hope NO one else gets it! And...how very sweet it was for your guy to call and tell you he was okay...that phone call has happened a couple of times at our house too...but, for some reason, the minute I hear those words...I immediately panic...because I know there's a story behind the "I'm okay"! Most of all....I'm just smiling at how God is working in and through you...oh, the places that camera is going to take you! Have the BEST Monday....Sweet blessings!
I think this has to be one of my favorite posts EVER!!!! I felt like I was having a sit down conversation with you in my living room. Go Ryan being a polite little guy to the security guard, what a proud parent moment!!!
Post a Comment