simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Friday, July 3, 2009

{our} beach

Lately we've been home long enough to do laundry and pack up again. But last night we decided to take the dogs (yes dogS- we got a puppy) to the river. It was spectacular:Here's Ryan with {his} dog- Lightning (as in Lightning McQueen):


JD and {our} Sadie dog (she LOVES the water):



brothers:
This was weird- the twighlight setting:


and the best for last:

It was such a beautiful evening. My heart has been heavy lately and this was exactly what I needed. Who knew that this little gem of a beach is just up the road from us? It's definitely going to become one of our {regular} hang outs!
---
And now it's time to start packing again...

8 comments:

Doozyanner said...

I love your silhouette photos--so beautiful! Have to smile about the puppy--Sadie has been a challenge at times--but there's nothing like a boy and his dog! :-)

Lindsay said...

LOVE you!! These are AWESOME ... in fact I got all teared up.

God is good!

Kristie said...

These are such GREAT shots!!!

That last one makes my heart smile!

Blessings to you this holiday weekend!

Sweet Blessings said...

WOW! Once again I am mesmerized (spelling???) by your pictures !!! And, WHOOOOHOOOO for a NEW PUPPY! Does Sadie like her new companion??? NOW, I can't wait to get over there and check your baby out :D I really do miss our time together each week...Have the BEST next trip..and a WONDERFUL 4th of July! Sweet blessings!

Crystal said...

Beautiful photos.

Beautiful family.

Beautiful YOU.

Your talent for photography is "blossoming."

Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Mrs. G said...

I loved those pictures Lisa ... very pretty as well as endearing. They really capture how tranquil it must have been for you. Make sure you keep taking time like that. Time to relax, time to enjoy just watching and time to reflect!

Maeg said...

I can't get over the pictures you take. They are beautiful. I hope you had a great 4th!