simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A conversation with {Ryan}

Driving home from school today...

"Mom...are there beds in heaven?"

"Yeah, Ryan. There are probably beds in heaven."

"Why?"

"I would imagine it's so all the people in heaven have a nice, comfy place to sleep. God takes real good care of people in heaven too."

"Oh...hmmm..."

"Hmmm, what?"

"But there are probably not cribs..."

"I bet there are some real nice cribs"

"Yeah, because what about our sister, Olivia. She would need a crib."

"I'm sure she has a very nice crib in heaven."

"Yeah and probably so do all the other babies who die."

"Yes, God takes very good care of them"

"Hey mom, is our new baby dying?"

{gulp}

---

No matter what it is...no matter where it is...no matter how it is...I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

oh man...that was tough one I'm sure...

{HUGS}

Sweet Blessings said...

What a Perfect verse to hold on to and repeat over & over (and, one that I do just that with!!!) ....funny how kids just say things like that sometimes...but, I so KNOW this baby is going to be perfect in EVERY way! Praying His peace and assurance over you daily sweet girl!!! Hope you have a GREAT Friday! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

gulp.

Wow. I'm speechless, but hanging onto God's promise that he will give you the strength you need.

From our new book:

"I am strong for all things in the One who constantly infuses strength in me."

(page 14) ... read it :)

morevores said...

Wow...my eyes are misty! Just thinking of the process that Ryans little mind and heart are going through as he is able to put a little more understanding into this baby thing. Whew. You are one of the strongest people I know, strong beyond measure and that is God made. He truely is our strength!!!!!

Maeg said...

Lisa,
Your are such a strong person. I admire your continued faith! Love you! Hugs

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are my sister. I am so glad you are Ryan's mother. It could be that you have the next Billy Grahm in your care. You will be his foundation who ever he becomes and where ever he ma go.