Sometimes it's tough to see things when I'm not paying attention...or when I'm distracted...or when I choose not to see ... or when something is covering my {eyes}.
I have all these tea sets, you see. I've always loved tea parties and have fond memories of my mom and I sitting down for a spot of tea with mayonnaise sandwiches; of my dolls and I gathered around a table sharing good conversation and exquisite teas. Maybe it's because of these memories that I started collecting tea pots as an adult...
One thing is for sure though, I started polishing those memories of mine so hard they became dreams.
---
Last night - out of the clear blue sky - Ryan asked me if I wanted to have a tea party. It's not something we've ever talked about. I mean, we always have our Saturday morning 'coffee' together but tea parties- boys don't have TEA PARTIES.
So I was caught off guard a bit. You? You wanna have a ... tea ...party?
---
I jumped up. Literally. I grabbed my BEST tea party tea set...brewed some chamomile tea...filled the creamer with cream...and loaded the sugar bowl. The boys sat in great anticipation as I drew nearer and nearer to our table with the set...
---
7 comments:
Oh My Gosh, I think this is the BEST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how the Holy Spirit talked to Ryans little soul so that he could be instramental in helping you see that boys can have tea parties too. Wow God is Good!!!! I love you Lisa!
Well - you didn't miss it! :) God's not in a business of us missing much ... especially when we have all these people and loved ones around us reminding to keep our eyes open and focused!
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE that you all had a TEA PARTY! :)
Have a beautiful weekend! Love you ~
That is absolutely precious! Thanks so much for sharing it...I needed that reminder today.
AWESOME!! Just AWESOME!! So blessed to be walking along the road of "life" with you!!
Blessings today!!! (and every day!)
Oh, this post totally makes me misty...because I see God's fingerprints all over it...there it is...a sweet Ta-Da! Those dreams were not lost...just shared with sweet boys instead of girls...and that moment will be one that will FOREVER warm your heart and that of your boys....I'm smiling just to think one day they'll be telling their kids about havaing tea parties with their Mama...and hopefully, that's just what they'll do with their sweet gifts!!! I'm thinking a new tradition has started!!! Hope you have a GREAT Sunday! Sweet blessings!
Oh, this is the sweetest post ever! I love it! I agree with everyone else...God is so good! I love to see how He was at work through your precious Ryan :) What a sweet and gentle reminder of His love for you!
Dang you girl! I should know better then to read your blog at work....
What a cool tea party! I adore that pic of Ryan pouring his little brothers tea. Boys can totally have tea parties, and they want to, whether they admit it or not! My boy cousin was always bugging my other cousins and I to join in on our tea parties. We didn't let him play much of course he would always find a way to turn it into something else, pretending the spoon was a gun to shoot us with, or spilling stuff and making a big mess. Ah kids....
Post a Comment