simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm BACK! (and randomness)

Okay...so I'm super excited because my laptop is up and running again. My brother did most (okay, ALL) of the work and one hard drive later, I'm back (minus several pictures and some tax information but back nonetheless). Finicky hard drives anyway.


and as for the randomness...I feel like I haven't really 'talked' to anyone lately. We have certainly been living in our bubble lately. Not without good reason though.


Christmas eve was not a traditional one at our house. We usually go to a candle light service somewhere and then head to my mom and dad's to play games and eat soup. Instead, I spent half of the evening drifting in and out of sleep...and then all of the night trying to keep warm in the tub and throwing up between bouts of warmth. It was a real treat, let me just say.

----

JD played santa. He set out the cookies with the boys....he read them their books....he waited 'til they drifted off to sleep and started putting some 'things' together. I slept. And puked.

Ryan loved his 'powerful scooter'.

Gage was delighted with his four pack of mini dye cast jets and has yet to cease singing "Highway to the Danger Zone".

It was {perfect} even if I couldn't sit straight up.

---

This Christmas has been kinda weird for me. I've been having these random thoughts about Jesus...thoughts at odd moments but they all tied together in a divinely woven way. Funny how that works. Maybe it's the whole 'being pregnant' thing going on...but my lens this Christmas was fixated on the baby Jesus.

---

Like when I heard a song on the radio that talked about how the same hands of baby Jesus that were reaching toward the sky....those same hands created the stars. Think about THAT for a moment.

---

And when, at The Living Nativity, the narrator said "The creator became the created". Wow.

---

As Ryan and I walked hand in hand back to the truck after The Living Nativity, he asked "And where does baby Jesus go after the show?" Sometimes it's best with Ryan, to just answer, "I don't know" so that's exactly what I did.

His response?

"Probably back to our hearts."

---

I {hope} in some way {truth} was revealed to you this Christmas.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

HI!! Sounds like you have been "in the moment"!! So sorry you were sick...hope you are feeling MUCH better now!!

Sweet Blessings said...

So glad God was intimately revealing himself to you this Christmas...! Praying the rest of December is simply perfect! Sweet blessings!