simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Random Musings...

1. I went to Shop Ko the other night and saw that they sell 'seven' jeans, which my friend Amy has raved about. I waddled my pregnant self back to the dressing room and attempted to visualize how my pre-pregnant self would look in a pair. Not currently the prettiest thing in the world- but I bought them anyway!!!! Here's to hoping they'll one day button. Lol.

2. Our tree is up and our shopping is done. Does that make me an over-achiever? Nah...just someone who KNOWS that the first three weeks in December FLY by in my line of business. To balance things out, I don't like to send Christmas cards until Dec. 23rd.

3. I got my new camera- the Nikon 5000 and it's this love/hate relationship. I mean, I love the thing but now there is all this pressure to take 'real' pictures...and I'm not sure I can...but I'll watch the video for the second time sometime soon.

4. I blushed a little when Ryan told my dad that he wanted Santa to bring him a remote control boat...mostly because it was followed with "Yeah....that's all I need. My mom said I can choose one thing and that's it". Just tryin' to keep it real.

5. As of this morning at 8 am, I have already gained 30 lbs with this pregnancy! Is this normal???? For me, it is.

6. Sadie (our lab/short hair) has been missing for two days. I finally convinced JD to get in truck and go looking for her. Turns out, she spent a few nights at pet rescue and after $60, is now sleeping peacefully by the fire.

7. Speaking of dogs; I have successfully convinced my kids that misbehaving children in restaurants are served dog food to eat. Is this bad parenting?

8. Things you never expect to hear as an excuse to two students arguing: "Mrs. McElroy...he's just mad that he's about to be my nephew," says an about four 1/2 foot tall 6th grader, "because my mom is marrying his brother." Huh?

9. I am addicted to Mary Kay's timewise c-serum line. Wrinkles be GONE!

10. Nothing beats a lazy Saturday...and decorating cupcakes with two little boys :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ohhh, poor Sadie. Glad she is home!

My tree is up too, but for some reason.... I cant stop shopping. It's sick.

I think I have gained 30 pounds with your pregnancy too....

Sweet Blessings said...

Hello there sweet girl....sounds like life has definitely been happening at your home :D So, sooooo glad you found Sadie...you know I panicked when I read that...I wish you would of called, I would of been praying hard, and out looking for her :D What made her disappear..that seems strange as long as you've had her???

As for the 30 pounds...you look adorable with it! And, the comment from Ryan adorable! As for the dog food...what really happens when they misbehave...do you just whip out a can of dog food for them right then and there..ha, ha :D YOU just make me laugh! I miss getting to visit in person..but, I know one day soon, we'll find time to connect..until then...I hope you can feel my prayers surrounding you daily, and you can see over & over again how very much God loves you!

Happy Sunday....& may it be filled with many, many Sweet blessings!