simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Circus de Freak

We took the kids to the circus a few nights ago. I don't know if it's the full moon or what, but I'm just in a sour mood over the whole ordeal. Every time the ring master picked up the mic, it was..."Promise me you won't go home without one of these over-priced pieces of junk" or "A special treat just for you...check out the lamo stuffed animals that will probably cause you to break out in a million rashes because they are made of such CHEAP fabric". Seriously, ya'll. I'm either getting too old for the circus or my mother is wearing off on me because I cannot think of one good reason why must I sit and listen to commercials at the circus???
Okay, maybe ONE good reason:

The highlight of the evening was this, which concluded with Ryan very enthusiastically informing me:
"Mama...I wanna do THAT when I grow up!!!!"

Lord help us now.

5 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh, that a picture of ALL your boys on the Elephant...so makes me laugh...especially JD's expression! As for Ryan's career choice...I'm pretty sure that's another P.U.S.H. need :D Sweet dreams & Sweet blessings to you!

morevores said...

I think this is one of your funnier posts, mostly because I can hear myself in the sarcasm of the selling of the extremely cheap crap, I'm always leary of the local Circus, but I guess we have to see it through the magic of a childs eyes. As far as the motorcycle thing...not sure what to say (while I'm giggling to myself) I'll be praying that it will be just a phase. ;)

Lindsay said...

I laughing so hard right now because I'm remembering the summer that Angela and I took Dylan to the circus... never again! We'll have to tell you about it sometime :)

I do love the pic of the boys on the elephant!!

See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Seriously the funniest post ever!!!
I was thinking the same thing Lindsay said....Such a freak show!!
The picture priceless! :0)

Stacy B said...

I can't stand the circus! At least the one here. I'm with Lindsay, we did that once and never again. I felt so sorry for the elephants and the poor tigers. Ugh! Never again is right!