simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Friday, April 3, 2009

The BEACH {& Ryan)

The beach had competition this year. See that lil blue boat? Yeah, that was the highlight of the beach for Ryan: (oh, and check out the rainbow in this picture too- pretty sweet, huh?)It just wouldn't be a trip to the beach without writing your name in the sand! I love that Ryan chose to write his name UNDER where is foot was. He must have run out of room - what with all that sand and all...Walking like a ... bear. So back to that blue boat...it was a loaner boat from the hotel- kinda velveteen rabittish for Ryan. He saw it and everything instantly turned blue.Then we found this cool 'river'...
After a bit, we decided to walk further down the beach so Ryan started using his blue boat like a sled.

Then all of the sudden, something horrible happened and before I knew it, he was spitting blood. Turns out, sand doesn't really behave as 'snow'. He caught an edge on the boat and got one of the fattest lips I've ever seen.Rest assured though. After a few kisses, he was completely fine.

6 comments:

Doozyanner said...

Ryan has SUCH an imagination! What a fun, fun time (Except for the fat lip! Ouch!)

Stacy B said...

Oh my gosh. What a great time. I love the sand rivers. I also love your hair curly! You should try it one day...dare ya!

Mrs. G said...

I have absolutely loved all the pictures in your last 3-4 posts. You really captured some great moments! Having children is so entertaining - what did we ever do without them?!

Sweet Blessings said...

Your pictures and words always make me smile...I think the rainbow in the first picture was God's Ta-Da...saying "Everything is going to work out just fine with Ryan and school" :D Thanks for the great time this evening....I am blessed to get the opportunity to know you better! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

LOVE these!! :) Blue boats & boys ... life just doesn't get much better!

Keep being the GREAT mama you are ... your boys are truly blessed!!

** laughing at Stacy's "dare ya" too :)

Crystal said...

Looks like Ryan had a fun time with that little blue boat. Who wouldn't?? Sorry the little guy got a fat lip though. Wowzers it looks like it hurt.

You do such a great job capturing the moment Lis. Your boys will love looking back at this blog when they get older. Good job mama!