simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Rocket's Red Glare

Something tells me that you can take fire away from a man but you can't take a man away from fire.

---

JD will be working on the 4th of July this year so we decided to celebrate a little early (with Landing Days in Uma). We thought that this might be the {safest} place to light off some of our {reservation} loot. I think the pictures probably speak for themselves. ;)






I couldn't believe it when I turned up and saw this. Of all the sillouette pictures that I took that night, this one is my absolute favorite:
I love how Mikey's head is turned up and his knees are turned out. And how you can see Gage's binki (we're still working on that by the way...). I love Sarah's cascading hair and the sharp lines of Ashley's shoulder. Serendipitous. ;)

We ended our day with the big fireworks show down at the marina in Umatilla. It was pretty spectacular but I don't have any pictures that turned out. Picture this though- two brothers, leaning in on one another, while the rocket's red glare lights up the sky between their two heads. It was so stinkin' cute. Most of the spectators were "oooo-in and ahhhh-in" over the fireworks but the true show was right there in front of me.
---
I hope you find a real 'show' in the midst of your 4th of July celebration!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE the photos ... they speak volumes!!

Love.

Loud and clear.

Almost like firecrackers themselves.

Beauty against the enormous & amazing sky.

Kristie said...

these are great!!

Sweet Blessings said...

Amazing Pictures...the sillohettes are so detailed :D So smiling that you were able to celebrate some fireworks with your family all alone...how perfect is that! Have the BEST Friday! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I"m missing our girl time...praying next week us girls can connect again :D

Doozyanner said...

Spectacular pictures! Enjoy the weekend in SP. :-)

Crystal said...

Pure talent!