simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You're Killin' Me Smalls!

So Ryan has been REALLY into the movie, The Sandlot. Ever seen it?
















Notice the plaid shirt with a T underneath. Look familiar? :)
And if you have seen the movie for yourself, then you probably recognize this scene, where "Smalls" is standing in out field waiting for Rodriguez to hit him a ball...




We got Ryan's hitting helmet at a yard sale last weekend for $.50...and the baseball bat was from a different yard sale for $.25. Come to think of it, we got his cleats and baseball mitt at yard sales too! :)















All week long, Ryan has been begging me to take him to a ..."real baseball field" so a few nights ago, we decided to go. Even Gage joined in the fun.



Gage just kept running around home plate like a baseball playin' maniac!











Not sure what this move is...lol!










and no outting to a real baseball field would be complete without a family race around the bases!









These two raced around the bases about three times and I laughed so hard at JD! Ryan seriously almost beat him a few times! Hahahaha...
The most hysterical part of the day was when Gage grabbed this baseball bat, turned to me, and said..."You play ball like a ...GIRL!" I guess he's been paying attention to Ryan lately!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun is this little night out!! :)

I love that you guys just go and do things ... your boys will be forever grateful!!

candy said...

You should be glad that their fav line from the movie isn't "you bob for apples in the toilet and you like it". Try explaining that coming out of a little girls mouth. hahaha. It's a classic movie in our house too. :)

Kristie said...

a favorite in our house as well!

and "you're killin' me Smalls" is a line I use OFTEN with my three "all boy" boys :)

Katie said...

Hey Lisa! This is so great. Looks like you guys had a blast :) I don't know if I've ever seen that movie!! Guess I should go rent it....I'm sure my boys would love it.

Crystal said...

It looks like you had a great time at the "real" baseball field!

Your boys are the best.

I just adore the things {words} that come out of their mouths.

Tonight I can't stop thinking about Gage's "strawbebby!!" at dinner. :)

You are one great mama with three very blessed men in your house!

Sweet Blessings said...

So smiling...yet another family-memory-making moment! I'm thinking you might be spending a LOT of time sitting on bleachers in the future!!! Have the BEST Thursday! Sweet blessings!

Maeg said...

it's only fitting that ryan likes baseball...he can learn alot from his mama (who was a GREAT softball player!)