Not so.
Ryan refuses to sleep on the top (just because). And Gage just canNOT be trusted up there. So, what was once an easy move-in became an all-out disassembly of the bed. Then I had to rack my brain to figure out a way to make them both {fit} into such a teeny, tiny room. It was tough, but we got er done.
Here's what I came up with:
I got the quilts at TJMaxx for $29 and was sooo excited about it. To me, they just scream "All American Boy". The only other new item in the room is that little lamp...got it at WalMart for $10 and it's already broke. Grrr...
JD and I actually did a little "Trading Spaces" and had a bit reveal for the boys. When they saw their new room, they were so excited! They both started jumping on the beds screaming, "It's just like Peter Pan!!!" So with that...I decided to rip out a few pages of their favorite storyline and frame them on the wall...I love the saying above each of their beds: One says "Hullo Tink" and the other says "the wondering boys". Perfect.
This is the framed picture of Captain Hook, which...according to Ryan...HAS to come down every night. He's decided it makes a better Lego holder. Captain Hook is safer when he's covered up by Legos.
I got his hangy thing at IKEA a few years ago. I had high hopes for it...thought it would be really functional...turns out, it just kinda hangs there and looks cute.
8 comments:
It looks awesome! Lucky boys. And you better get that nursery done, because I want to see it!
We have a few room re-dos coming up as well. Can't wait.
PS. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog. Means a lot.
Look great Lisa and I think the boys will love sharing a room! We have bunk beds in Owen's room and even though Caleb has his own room, they ask me every night if they can sleep in Owen's room together. Take care of yourself and rest up! I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of your nursery and I can't wait to see pictures of the new addition to the family!
Oh My Gosh, what an AWESOME room!!!! I can't wait to have a house of my own so that I can steal some of your ideas for my kids rooms. :) I am so excited for your boys to be able to grow up together in one room, sharing adventure and little boy secrets. I love it!!!
Great job on the room Lisa!
It rocks ... and is perfect. In every single way.
Nice work ~ and sweet dreams boys!
looks good!!
Very nice!!! I love the quilts!
I LOVE it! It totally screams boys grow here!!! So, so happy for you and all the exciting changes that are surrounding you! Thanks for posting pictures! Sweet blessings!
Post a Comment