simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Fourth Birthday Ryan!

I can't believe Ryan is already four years old! Time has certainly been flying by. He continues to bring joy to our lives with his humor and boyhood. I think the best way to describe Ryan is...JD. The two are peas in a pod- loving, gentle, masculine.

A glimpse into fourdome:

Me: "Ryan, you're a pretty smart cookie"
Ryan: "I not a cookie. I'm Ryanie McElroy"

This is our driving conversation today:
Ryan: "Watches are not toys, right?"
Me: "Right"
Ryan: "Yeah, they're metal"
Ryan: "I can't leave my guns at home. They will cry."
Me: "You can play with your guns when we get home"
Ryan: "Where does Papa Bob live? Over the bridge? (the bridge to TriCities)"
Me: "In Idaho- over the bridge"
....long pause....
Ryan: "I don't want the two semis...I wanted the lightsavers" (we went yard saling last weekend and he got to choose between a matchbox semi and a lightsaver).
... this kid never stops thinking!

We tried to home-i-fy a store bought cake. These middle-of-the-week parties are difficult to pull off :)

a new watch...just like daddy's

1 comment:

HaloGolden said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!

p.s. would that be a lightsaber (as in light sword from Star Wars)? notice that 'b' in there? hehehe.