simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remembering Olivia Rose


It's a tradition in our family to journey to Idaho for Memorial Day every year. We spend the time remembering those we've lost- especially our precious baby girl, Olivia Rose. We miss her terribly. It is very surreal to see that time has continued to pass- the once grassy area around her gravestone is now covered with other child markers. Time is beginning to etch its way into Olivia's marker as well. It's hard to believe that it has been almost 6 years.

I made a video in Olivia's memory but I'm having a hard time getting blogger to load it. Hopefully it'll work out later this week. Anyway, here are some pictures of our weekend...







Did you know that more babies die inutero than of SIDS? Nearly 30,000 infants in the United States died inutero last year- more in Arizona than in any other state. If you know of anyone who is pregnant and near term, please urge them to conduct kick counts three times daily and ask their doctors for nonstress tests until delivery.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I bet that is so hard. I think that its so cool how you decorated it though. Cant believe its been 6 years, sure doesnt seem like that long.

Kelly said...

lisa...how did i never realize that olivia's middle name is rose...absolutley beautiful. i'm glad you guys take the time to celebrate each year. i know how special she is to you and your family.