simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too Much Truck

Have you ever traveled with little kids? I remember traveling AS a kid and if we were sick of riding in a car, we just dealt with it. We either fell asleep or made up ridiculous road games. I dunno- maybe I'm a softy or maybe I can just plain relate but when I've got hollering kids in the back of my car, I've just GOT to do something (probably more for my own sanity than the kids'). Gage is getting to the age where he doesn't sleep the entire way to Idaho any more. He's awake for a good three hours of the drive...and he's rear-facing so he missed out on a lot of the 'action'. When he screams, "Enough is enough! I've had TOO MUCH TRUCK" then we try to get creative. It's amazing what pulling off into a mall parking lot and letting HIM take the wheel will do. Just check out that face!

And guess what Gage said as we let him take the wheel? "Thank you mama, for understanding my needs?" How about "I just love to drive" or "It's about stinkin' time" or "What are you, new at this?". No, no...my boy said (drum roll please)...

"CAR"

and that, my friends is his first official, on purpose, other than the basics like mama, dada, ba-ba, word.

No comments: