simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Music Heals and Thanks

First of all, thank you all so much for your kind comments...emails...messages of concern...listening...margaritas (thanks, candy!) and most of all, your friendship over the past week or so. I can't tell you how encouraged and loved I have felt.

I don't really know what to 'say'. I'm not one for publishing my 'laundry' so to speak but I also want this blog to be real. Me. And so I can't just leave it, you know? I have to say something...but what?

How about music. I know, I know...music again? Yes. It's how I heal and it's how I can tap into what I feel. This song that is playing- it's called "How to Save a Life" by Fray. Let's just say that after crying out to God, at a critical turning point kind of moment, He gave me this song.

And so for me, this song is about a man and his wife...and hurt...and crying out to God...and God saving their life. It's a kind of medley between hurt and hope- between wanting to handle something and getting hung up on things... to praying and letting God heal.

I hate to be vague...and I realize that in a way, it's annoying to say the least. But just know that God is good and I'm okay. And that I am a very blessed girl to have such great friends!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've called your cell a million times! Sorry i dont leave voicemails, i'm bad about that. Get back at me! =D

Lindsay said...

I will continue to pray for you, and even though I realize that I don't really know you aside from a hello at church or learning at a tech cadre, I still have had you on my heart!
Continue to be encouraged by the One who can heal all hurts & wounds, and restore that which has been altered.

Blessings & Peace - Lindsay

Jennifer said...

I am glad to hear you're feeling better. =)