simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas with Lisa

My friend Jane gave me this cool apron. And if you know Jane (and me) then you're probably rolling laughing at this too. You'll have to excuse the no makeup/up too late/not quite awake look I'm sportin'. :)
In other Christmas miracle related news, remember this from a while ago? Note that the date changed a bit???>>>>
AES stands for American Education Services AKA: "You owe us a lot of money". They are the lender for my student loans and a while back I posted about a federal loan forgiveness grant I was applying for. Well, actually, I applied for it a while back but didn't qualify because I didn't have enough experience. Then my friend Maegan insisted that I apply again (even though I told her over and over and over and over and over that I wouldn't qualify).
On Dec 26th, I opened the letter and started skimming for 'denied' 'we're sorry' or 'don't qualify'.
I couldn't find those words and the whole letter was like, two sentences long, so I started from the beginning reeeeaaalll slow...then I came to the last line and started totally screaming:


This is a complete and total God thing. I mean, I prayed and prayed and then He sent me this cool letter. He truly does answer prayer, huh!!!!???? WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Sooooo happy for you! Love the apron and yes, it did give me a good laugh!
btw~you look great without makeup!

Sweet Blessings said...

Yippee! What a great Christmas gift that was...I'm sooo happy for you! I also loved the apron..what a sweet friend :D And, most of all....why do you look so darn cute with NO makeup, just out of bed, & your glasses on!!! Truly, you are always adorable!!! Thanks for sharing your GREAT news...hope you and the family celebrate it a little by dinner out or the movies or something fun! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I wish I had found your blog when I had Ryan last year...it seems we are just getting more acquainted now :D But, at least by the time Gage comes to preschool, I'll truly know you..and that makes my heart smile!

Stacy B said...

That apron is so funny! I love it. What amazing luck! Good for you guys, I bet you still can't believe it. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lindsay said...

WOW~~ so exciting and totally GOD! {even better}

Love the apron ... we should all have one :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD GOD IS GOOD!!!
That is so great... and so is that apron! :)

Doozyanner said...

Oh yay on having your loan forgiven!! What a wonderful Christmas surprise! happy New Year! (Ya think we might have to work tomorrow?? I'm getting used to this...)