simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, December 22, 2008

When I'm not lookin'...

I think I'm allergic to Christmas trees. I love going up in the mountains and getting them...smelling them...watering them....smelling them...did I mention I love the smell of a Christmas tree? But alas, allergic.

So last year, right after Ryan got out of the hospital (on our way home, really) we stopped in at Home Depot in Spokane. Let me tell ya, nothing puts a gal more in the Christmas mood than signing discharge papers at a major children's hospital. And even though our car was JAM packed, JD and I stood in an ice-cold parking lot very gingerly packing this Christmas tree into the holes of our already-too-full car:
I love it. It's nothing real fancy but I love it. It has red berries on it. Well, actually they are orange but JD spray painted them red for me. What a guy, huh? So while I was blog-readin' and admiring this fabulous tree, my oldest boy was keepin' himself occupied:

Note the kite strings here:

and here:


and even here:

What cha doin' Ryanie?


He said he was making a 'store'- you know, the kind you can get in but not out of? Sounds sorta Wal-Martish to me.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

sounds like Wal-Mart to me too!!

Clever, clever boy you have there! :)

And your tree/mantle is BEAUTIFUL!!

Sweet Blessings said...

What a precious moment you captured...I LOVE your tree..and your house..it looks absolutely beautiful...I could use some of your decorating style! Most of all praising God that Ryan is healthy & strong...and that your berries are red!!! Sweet blessings!

Maeg said...

Have I told you how much I look forward to reading your blog? No matter how I am feeling, it always puts a small on my face and I laugh. Ryan cracks me up!

Crystal said...

Lis~ I am so thankful that you and your family are home and healthy this holiday season. Your tree looks beautiful and JD's pic of him dancing totally made me smile. You have one great guy and you deserve every ounce of him. Merry Christmas friend!