simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Octopi, Parks, and Dog Beds...

A simple recipe for a great weekend :)

My nephew, Clayton, is chillin' with us for three days. Last night, we decided to make some octopi (from this month's Little Steps packet).

Here is Ryan's finished product:
Here's Clayton's:
And here they both are - coloring their little hearts out:

The park was COLD. (mental note: Trex decking would make a fabulous ice skating rink)

And not everyone had a good time:

But for the most part, it was a success:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, meet our dog- Sadie. I must admit that I'd prefer her to be an outside dog but even I can't scoot her out on frigid days like today. A few weeks ago, we picked her up a new bed from Costco and I think she likes it:

So does Gage:


1. Rootbeer floats after dinner.
2. Air matress sleeping - campin' style 2nite.
3. French toast for breakfast
{and me...watching these boys grow together...and laugh together...and play together...and argue...figure it out...and feeling Clayton rubbing his hands through my hair and sayin' "I like you".
life is {sweet}

5 comments:

morevores said...

I think it's so great that Ryan and Clayton are so close in age and can grow up together, I look forward to that with my kids and their cousins, it's the good stuff in life. By the way the picture of Ryan in the swing cracks me up. :)

Lindsay said...

How fun!! Truly! :) It was so nice to visit with you guys today & watch the boys all play and get their sugar fix for the week :)

Blessings to you as you continue to be GREAT parents to beautiful boys!!

That Clayton is super-duper cute too!

Sweet Blessings said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me...how fun it is when cousins get together..just wait until they are 16 spending the night at your house :D And, thanks for sharing Sadie...she looks like a sweet addition to your family...and it's so nice of her to share her bed with Gage!!! You always make me smile.... :D And...I LOVE your new banner...the colors are so beautiful together!!! Praying you have a great stay-at-home day...filled with all those wonderful Mommy "things"...and that you get a little time to just chill too!!! Sweet blessings!

Maeg said...

I love sadie dog, she is so cute. It looks like she is pretty spoiled with that fancy bed. I cant' wait for Reid to hang out with your boys.

Lisa said...

Mrs. T- Lindsay made the banner for me. Doesn't she rock? ;)