simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who says?

This last weekend, I went to Target. I love Target. It's so {friendly} and {clean} and {organized} - a few things that, well, other stores lack. Plus, Target's popcorn rocks.



It seems as though whomever is in charge of sales at Target read my mind too- he or she (probably she) marked down ALL the organizational type stuff. Mind-reader, I tell ya. My heart started racing as my mind clicked through all of the junk I could organize in my house- starting with my colossal PILE of shoes at the bottom of my closet. Side note: my feet have grown exactly one half size with each time I've given birth and no, I have not filtered through the shoes that no longer fit. I just can't, okay. My point? I have shoes that need to get up off my closet floor.



So back to being totally 'jacked' about organizing ... I bought this shoe organizer thing. It's super cool- has a bunch of compartments and it's made of wood (well, particle board woodish stuff- wood in my book), which means that it'll last a while. Exciting.



Life is good. Organizing is fun. It gets me all pumped. This, however, does NOT excite me:



This makes me feel a little better: What can I say? I'm a visual person.

This makes me feel like I'm about to accomplish something BIG and FABULOUS and STRONG and DURABLE:


This almost got the best of me:


[but Ryan showed me how to use it- I know, I'm lame] I've never used a not-already-set-up-and-ready-to-go drill before. I know they can go in reverse but I just couldn't get it to HAPPEN.


By the way- just so you know- when you're putting these kinds of things together, it's best to hold it all up and SEE it together so you can make sure all the finished edges are facing out. That's a free tip. That's a free 'you-won't-have-to-unscrew-all-the-screws-like-I-did' free tip. Cheers.



I just feel so durn excited!

2 comments:

Maeg said...

I hear you on the shoe size thing...I had to give away ALL of my doc martens, and you know how much I loved those shoes, remember those cute Red Mary Janes :( I had to keep the one pair of mary janes I had from my freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL!
PS: I am home due to road closures from flooding and landslides...gotta love raymond!

Sweet Blessings said...

So excited for you! It made me laugh that your little guy already knew how to use the DeWalt.... :D Doesn't it just feel great when you put something HUGE together all by yourself....Have a wonderful Friday..hope it's filled with lots of laughter, peace & fun! Sweet blessings!

P.S. You little guy looked sooo handsome and cute up on that stage last night!!! I wanted to just squeeze him :D