simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A post about nothing...

...other than the small things in my life right now.

1. I have decided to 'refine' my giving up white death. I like yogurt and the occasional mocha java (Obies is theeeeee best), so I'm giving up white death Mon-Thurs. On the weekends, I'm being 'careful'. I think I can live with that.

2. I am totally in love with Selah right now- can't get enough of their music.

3. I lost 5 of the 8 pounds I gained between Thanksgiving and Christmas this week (yeah) and can now fit back into my work clothes. WHY do I do that EVERY year?

4. JD and I just got back from watching Valkyrie (The Nazi movie with Tom Cruise). First, kudos to me for going to {another} war movie with my husband. And second, I believe it will be my last. I just can't take it anymore. I hate to watch people kill one another for whatever reason- justified or not. It literally shoots darts at my soul to see it.

5. I got off the phone with AES on Friday to learn that my unsubsidized federal loan balance is now $0 (thank you Jesus) and my subsidized is half the amount it was this time last month (thank you Jesus). It's a for-sure deal, baby :) (Yip-yip-yipeeeee)

6. I'm super excited to be starting probability this week with my classes.

7. My sweet friend, Lindsay, created a fabulous new banner for my blog and I totally love it.

8. The kids are napping...3 loads of laundry are awaiting my putting away...and I just created what might very well be the most boring post ever :)

6 comments:

Doozyanner said...

Not boring at all...So glad to hear about your student loans! That is fantabulous! :-)

morevores said...

Are you kidding???? Those are the kinds of things that we long to tell our friends and the things we hope our friends will tell us. Just the regular thoughts and stuff going on. I love it!!!!
Thanks for the "Real" you. :)

Lindsay said...

This post just makes me smile :) and I truly have enjoyed getting to know you better by reading your blog ... thanks for being REAL!

Blessings to you this week as you continue to enrich the lives of kids!

Stacy B said...

So how did you lose the 5 pounds? Was it the mocha java? Good for you. AES...how amazing is that??

Sweet Blessings said...

I found this post quite real...and full of life, hope, love, and ALL that's good! Hope you have an amazing week with your kids (the ones at school and home :D) and that God blesses you with a few Ta-Da's too! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I like your refining on the "White death"!

Anonymous said...

Great post!
Love getting to know more about you!