simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Soccer Mom

Ryan had his first ever soccer game on Saturday
and it was a complete and total crack-up.
Here he is all nervous and excited: A few pre-game kicks:
I'm not exactly sure what this move is but I'm sure glad I 'caught' it.
I'm calling it his 'bowling move' because this is what he
does when he's waiting for a bowling ball to hit and well,
the soccer ball was goin' pretty slow...


This is Marcie and she's the coach.
She rocks.
Seriously.
How stinkin' cute is it that they are all holding hands?

Stretching.

More stretching.

More stretching.


The pre-game 'talk' with the Ref.
The Ref rocked too.
So much so that I had to tell him how much.
He even tied some shoes
AND told the kids to turn around when they were headed for the wrong goal.
Yeah, he rocked too.

Gearin' up for the start. What can I say? My kid's a shrimp :)

The rat race begins.

Takin' turns.


Cheerin' the team on.

6 years ago I sat in an office filling out paper work.
That paper work required me to write down how many times I had been pregnant.
The answer (at that time) was 4.
4 pregnancies and my {home} was still empty.
4 seemed like a really, really, really {lonely} number.
Fast forward 6 years and now I'm a soccer mom.
God is good.
All the time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! So fun! I can't wait until Dylan plays!!!
Such a cute boy you have and cute pictures!

Lindsay said...

1. how fun is that?!

2. he looks like he's LOVIN' it!

3. I got to the end of the words and smiled for you ... for His plans are greater than ours ... and you, my friend & your sweet, sweet family are living proof!

4. that awesome ref is Dylan {sounds like Dielan} and he IS a GREAT guy! {Doug's grandson}

5. God is good ... and yep ... it's ALL THE TIME!

Sweet Blessings said...

Smiling (through misty eyes) with a heart full of happiness for you! GOD IS GOOD...ALL the Time! Praying every minute as a Soccer Mom fills your heart with joy! Sweet blessings!

Crystal said...

It looks like Ryan had a great time at his 1st soccer game ever! He is so darn cute!

Oh~ My kid is a "shrimp" too!

Stacy B said...

I wish we had indoor soccer here. It looks like a great program. What a sweet boy!

morevores said...

Lisa I love this post!!!! GO SOCCER MOM! I am so proud of you and your family! And by the way, he may look like a shrimp next to the tall kid, but trust me he looked like he fit right in to the mix, height doesn't matter when all you need is your legs. :) Take it from a shrimp herself. tee hee.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness...that bowling ball move is hilarious :)

And yes!! God is GOOD!!