It all started with JD's cell phone. He calls it his Mary Kay phone. When I was picking out new phones and signing up for an extended cell phone plan, he told me very simply "Just get me the most basic phone they have". And that's just what I did. I prefer to call it "the $20 phone".
It's green. And has black buttons. JD's favorite part? The white; the white that covers the entire phone...and makes it look 'chic-ish'. I assured him that he could get a cover - but evidently it's the only phone in the world that doesn't have a cover that fits it. Paint it maybe? A nice, big skull and crossbones sticker maybe? Regardless, he's learned to use it now and refuses to get another one that he has to relearn.
So...I get to hear all about this lame cell phone. But in the waiting room at APW yesterday, I think our extended wait time got the best of us. He began explaining how everything he talks on his phone, his giant ear lobes cause the touch screen to vibrate in his ear and dial random numbers ... he proceeded to show me how he has to hold the phone away from his head while he's talking so he doesn't mis-dial! And so from that moment forward, it was the official launch of laugh-fest March 2010.
I don't know what came over us.
Nervous laughter, maybe?
Idiots, probably?
One thing's for sure. Here's what we've decided:
JD and I are both REALLY glad that there are no video cameras in the exam rooms. I'm going to have to leave the rest to the imagination but I will just say that it was 100 degrees in there...and no amount of magazine waving slowed down the heat. What's more, is that my loving husband practically convinced the doctor to 'check me'. Can you even believe that???? Who throws their wife under a bus that big? So when I went into the room and saw the paper blanket, I started seething. Seething, I say. Then I began telling JD how 'kind' it was of him to change the plan like that...and that I hoped he was happy...and that ... and that ... and that I did NOT want to get undressed. All I wanted was an amnio...there's plenty of time for all that 'checking' later!!!
I couldn't help myself but flash forward to JD's turn...in the stirrups. I'm not sure what came over me, but I began to cackle like the Wicked Witch of the West...and instantly felt much, much better.
The amnio never happened. It ended up being too late - too close to 5:00 by the time we actually were seen by our doc - OR the office staff realized a little late that I might have a hard time holding still during the procedure. I think once a person waits after 2 hours, they just get a bit koo-key. :)
Nonetheless, 1:00 today. And it's probably a good thing that we'll be in a hospital this time and not an exam room...
1 comment:
Patiently waiting to hear something. Anything.
Praying and waiting!
Post a Comment