simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A day at the water park...

Today it was 100 degrees! What better day to chill out at the water park? Ryan is learning to swim. This year, he will be a level two swimmer, which basically means he can stick his head under water and do straight-leg kicks. However, he's hardly a 'swimmer'. I would really like him to learn how to swim with a life jacket on (you know, in case he slips into a river while we're fishing). So today, we tried the deep end. I outfitted him with this handy dandy $1 green flotation device and a pair of green goggles (green in his favorite color, you know). We started out small- "Kick your legs, Ryan". Then we went BIG- "Can you catch me??? Kick, Kick, Kick". Needless to say, he figured out that he can move by kicking and he won't sink to the bottom if he hangs on. So now I'm going to have a difficult time getting him out of the deep end but I'm glad that he can trust a floatation devise- one step closer to life-jacket-swimming. And according to him, he's one step closer to jumping off the diving board :)
Gage is even MORE of a water dog than Ryan. He loves to dunk his head (level one swim lessons covered) and seems fearless in the H2O. He also loves to bob with me in the deep water and even tried to fall ASLEEP on his little covered floatie!
Today was so fun and there was only one thing missing- my super hot hubbie (hey, someone's gotta bring home the bacon!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

It looks like you had a great day at the pool! I love the pics. :)