Alright, so this is going to be kinda different. Maybe a little uncomfortable. Weird, possibly.
If you have the time, could you do me a favor and respond to these two questions?
1. How would YOU define BEAUTY?
2. What is your favorite beauty 'tip'? (need not apply to question 1)
You're probably thinking I'm a total nut- hanging out in left field, even. But I'm curious. What do you think?
I promise that this will make sense soon...
3 comments:
Wow.
Well - I'm going to give it my best shot & write what first came to mind.
A few years ago I read this book
{A Woman's High Calling}. It is full of GREAT stuff about Godly Living ... and to me, Beauty is all about Godly Living.
** Philippians 4:8 - what we're thinking about and dwelling upon and entertaining in our mid will ultimately show up in our behavior.
That stuff {the good and the bad} that is inside - that you think no one can see ... well, they can see it. They see it by looking at us, by listening to us, by watching us, by reading about us.
Society tells us that beauty is what we see. The hair, the makeup, the clothes, the purse, the shoes, the lipstick.
I firmly and whole-heartedly believe that beauty is that stuff that isn't seen at first glance. True beauty is what people see when they really, really look. That beauty that others seem to be so attracted to ... that beauty that draws others in... it's what's inside & becomes visible through actions and through words.
Does this even make sense?? I've got to stop rambling.
a beauty tip ... I got nothin'. :)
Pray a little more. Sing a little more. Laugh a little more. Give a little more. Believ a little more.
That's when you shine.
ok ... I just re-read my comment ... I really can spell ... {mind} ... {believe} ... oh well - you understood :)
first, beauty, to me, is what comes from within. how a person lives, what they accomplish, who they are. that's beauty. my 80 year-old grandmother (who claims to never have been beautiful) to me is absolutely beautiful. the wrinkles and grey hair and varicose veins that require support hose every day, are not a measure of her beauty. she has survived the death of two husbands, raised 3 children, and to this day lives with a measure of grace that is wonderful to see. the same goes for my other grandmother, who is 84.
no, i don't think you have to be that old to be beautiful, but they are both well beyond the days when most people would describe them as beautiful--neither of them were physical beauties when they were young.
i hope i am beautiful by those standards, even though i might not be a "hotty" anymore or ever again.
second, my one tip is to find a good moisturizer with SPF and use it every single day without fail. this applies to everyone, regardless of age, skin type, skin color, or anything else. i live at 7500 feet above sea level. the sun here is shockingly brutal all year long. but even at sea level the sun can still do some serious damage and make us look years older than we actually are.
lisa, my friend, you are absolutely beautiful. and i love you dearly. **mwah**
Post a Comment