simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Guess How Many???

Guess how many of these I ate on Monday?
If you're thinking one, guess again.

If you're thinking two, guess again.

Three is getting closer- now double that.


6

I ate 6 delicious cupcakes all by myself.

All of them- not a crumb left over.

And no, they were not miniature-sized.


I made them for my class because we missed our Christmas party before the holiday break and well, I guess I made a few too many. Six too many, to be exact and then they were just sitting there, on my desk. Calling my name. Invading my olfactory factory. Devil's foodcake with powdered sugar frosting. Divine. Simply scrum-dilly-umptious.


But now it's Wednesday and I'm realizing that it's quite possible I do not have any button that looks like this when it comes to cupcakes:

Which makes me wonder if I have that kind of sign in other areas of my life-

a question I'm going to tackle a little later on.

For now, I'm realizing that I crave too much of this so I'm giving it up completely:

I'm calling it "WHITE DEATH". It's sugar.
White death makes it sound less tasty.
I'm on day two of no sugar and so far, I feel a whole lot better :)

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow! You are soooo brave! I have to admit that this post makes me WANT a cupcake. A GIANT one. :)

Sweet Blessings said...

Okay, those cupcakes you made looked absolutely scrumptious....I think I might of eaten 6 of them myself :D

I so understand your desiring freedom from the "big S" :D I did that when I turned 40...I decided I was going to give up the nasty evil thing for at least a month...I made it to 45 days I think..and after the first week, I didn't even crave it anymore...plus, my energy level went up..and I just totally felt better...Mmmmm....you are inspiring me to try to live the addiction behind again...I'll be praying for you!!! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I should warn you..chocolate doesn't taste nearly as good when you try it after being sugar free :D ha, ha...

I abosultey LOVED the way you put this post together...it made me laugh out loud!

morevores said...

I'm so proud of you. You know first hand how many times I have done this myself, and when you are successful it is the best feeling ever. I did it for 2 years once and I have no idea what happened to end the streak, but i'm rootin for ya, it's a great idea.

Lindsay said...

Wowsers ... I'm cheering you on ... I just can't give it up though... I like it WAY TOO MUCH! ... but maybe I'll try.

Creative post & very inspiring to take care of the bodies we're blessed with :)

Amy said...

You are so funny. Good for you for giving up the white death. I need to do that too.

Die, White Death!!!