simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fingers Crossed

A few weeks ago, I got a letter from this company:And I must admit, when I opened the envelope my heart was racing like crazy: Turns out, I've made the final application process for a federal teacher loan forgiveness program. The catch is, I have to:

- be highly qualified
- teach math or science
- teach in a low income district
- teach for 5 consecutive years
- teach in an area related to my academic major or minor (my minor is in biology)

I meet all these requirements and...now I'm waiting...and waiting...and waiting. If I get a piece of mail from AES in the near future, I may very well drop to the ground. IF all goes well, approximately half of my 30K student loan debt will be 'forgiven', as in ERASED...WIPED AWAY.

My fingers are crossed...and prayers are said...just waiting and trying to be patient :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Keepin' my fingers crossed too! I have a GOOD FEELING about it. :)

Doozyanner said...

Oh wouldn't that just be the BEST Christmas gift??? I hope it comes through for you. (Thanks for your help with Photo Story--it's coming along nicely!)