What do you do when your kid keeps doing this?

We never had to keep Ryan out of the dishwasher and seriously, I'm out of ideas here. "No" is NOT working. Redirection- not working. This seems like a battle I can't win. And honestly, I don't want to 'battle'. Is there an easy fix????
4 comments:
Well... I guess you could teach him how to load/unload them :) That would be my suggestion!
I am not much help...I am learning all my tricks from you!
There's gotta be some kind of child safety lock for dishwashers, right?? I am gonna look online for ya. You have to admit it makes for a pretty darn cute picture though.
there is a strap lock you can get.
but there is another way of looking at it, too. what is he hurting here? maybe the door of the dishwasher? maybe try just putting something on the floor to support the door and let him have at it. the support might get in your way a bit, but it isn't forever. and as long as you keep the knives out of his reach (maybe wash them by hand for a while), he should be perfectly safe.
what does it hurt to indulge this curiosity for a while? the wonder of little boys is boundless and amazing to watch.
love you all. Halo
Post a Comment