simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A great way to start off Tuesday...

Nothing too out of the ordinary...V8 splash and a granola bar for breakfast- just like every other day- and out.the.door- about as fast as a person can get out a door at 6:30am with two kids in one hand and coffee in the other.
--
On Tuesdays, the boys go the babysitter until 8am, when JD can pick them up. Gage was still in his jammies and Serena (our super great sitter) was talking to me while I laid him down...
--
then it HIT.
--
all I could say was..."excuse me"...simultaneously running toward the bathroom. The bathroom that was literally steps away (thank GOD).
--
There, I proceeded to vomit for a good ten minutes until I returned to my awaiting children and Serena, standing before me with a sleeve of Saltine Crackers. Ever tried to vomit in silence? It still brings tears to my eyes.
--
I stood before her. "This pregnancy thing" I began. "It's not as easy as it looks". And so, with water in my eyes and a hitch in my step, I proceeded with my Tuesday morning...and thanks to Serena who completely understood the start to my morning, saltines in my holster.
--
Hope your Tuesday got off to a better start than mine!

8 comments:

Doozyanner said...

Oh Lisa....no fun, no fun at all! So sorry to hear you're having morning sickness. I hope it passes soon! Thinking of you this crazy, busy year of budget cuts...

Kristie said...

oh, I can totally relate. So sorry!! Green tea and saltines were my morning sickness salvation...

Maeg said...

:) Hang in there Lisa!

Crystal said...

What a trooper! :)

morevores said...

Peppermint candies, that helped hold off the nausea. Hope this doesn't become the regular morning routine. Praying for you...hang in there!!!

Lindsay said...

oh goodness ... praying for you sweet mama-to-be{again} ... and thankful you had such great support {and saltines} to get you through :)

Sweet Blessings said...

Praise God for good friends at just the right time! Hope the queasiness is going away day by day! And, that your Wednesday morning is a GREAT one! Sweet blessings!

Katie said...

Oh no...so sorry! I hope it won't last long!