simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have {FUN}



Turning 30 is different.

That front number changed...and this birthday was a milestone.

I've tried to shake things up a bit and make them really special at our house with homemade cakes and parties but one thing was always predictable though, and that was this chocolate sheet cake. Funny how a person's childhood memories create adult cravings.

JD wanted to make this day really special for me so he contacted my girls and put together a day at the spa. Well, he actually contacted one of my good friends, Candy and she put everything together but JD still gets some pretty weighted credit! Ha. I wasn't sure what to expect...and I didn't want to do anything that was too far away from home...and it's hard when you're nursing an infant...and it's tough to pry an infant from your arms...and...and...and JD just wouldn't take 'not this year' for an answer. I'm so glad he didn't :)

I've never had a facial. And I've only had one other massage. I wasn't sure what to expect but afterward, I COULD NOT STOP SMILING. It was the BEST experience ever - a birthday that will go down in the hall of best.ever!!! This is a pic right after the stone massage while I was waiting for my facial in the 'sanctuary':



After the massage, I went 'chowder' as JD calls it. I couldn't speak. It was like those heated stones sucked all the intelligence right out of my brain! When the facial started, the lady asked me how I would describe my skin and I said..."olive?" What an IDIOT! She wanted to know if it was oily...dry...combo...not the dang color! Needless to say, I made quite an impression with her! Hahaha.

Here's my crew after everyone had their pampering...


And here's my several - liner intros from left to right followed by silly lessons:


Yellow left- That's Crystal. We were choir singin' buddies in high school and played volleyball together like no one else! She was the maid of honor at my wedding and even sang acapella in front of a church full of people. In case you're wondering why she's so cute all the time, she was just born that way. She was also my non-alchi beverage buddy cause she's preggo (and I'm nursing). Crystal taught me: how to give yourself a REAL pedicure.
---

Black back- That's Candy. She used to live across the street from me. We met in the street...and have enjoyed many-a-margarita with her vita 5200. She's a kindred spirit and welcomes me at her door step without much notice ;) Candy taught me: When the going gets tough, the tough gets a margarita. (Candy is not an alcoholic!)
---

Black back right- That's Charlene. We met in first grade. She and I played 'school' in her playroom and perfected a dance routine to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" by second grade. She blames me for her smoking habit and no pun intended but she definitely lights up a room! Charlene taught me: Girls just wanna have fun.
---

Yellow right- That's Maegan. We went to high school together but became really good friends when we were roomies during college. We both know how to take a lil paint and turn college-day crack houses into homes :) Maegan taught me: how to move 7 times in 1 year and still have friends to help you.
---
The rest of these pics speak for themselves. We went to a place called "The Village" which should have been called "Where The People Under The Stairs Hang Out". If Charlene wasn't there, we would have kept driving. We really wanted to karaoke and this was the only place in town with a machine...so in we went!~




Charlene is not flipping the camera off. I had a terrible time getting a setting to work in a dark bar. That's why all these pics were taken in art mode!!!







Thanks girls, for the best birthday a girl could ask for! I am blessed beyond measure to have friends who I can call on....count on....laugh with....love with....hurt with....and celebrate with!!!

4 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Love this post! And, so, so happy that God blessed you with life-long friends, and a day of turnig 30 that will forever warm your heart! May you have many, many girls outings to celebrate great moments in your lives! Sweet blessings!

P.S. DID you drink lots & lots of water after your massages...because you know if you don't those nasty toxins will settle in your body...so, hoping that was NOT the cause of that kidney infection :D There you go, just a little free wisdom from Dr. Tammy :D

Amy said...

There is so much that I want to say about your little blog here, but unfortunately my brain is plagued from the picture of that TEXAS SHEET CAKE!!! I really love that stuff!

I'm glad you had a good time. I dreaded turning the big 3-0. But 30 was one of the best years of my life, and I think its only going to go up from here. :)... for you too....

Kristie said...

so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! May year 30 be your best yet!!

Lindsay said...

Another trip around the sun ... full of light, love, friends, and Jesus ... life doesn't get much better!

Here's to one of the best decades yet!