simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Not Alone

Thank you all so much for your wonderful stories and memories. I've read over them often...reflecting and wondering; remembering and wishing. I have a scrapbook for Olivia and I'm going to put your words in there ;) Seriously. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I went to church on Sunday and guess what? God met me there. He never ceases to amaze me and I don't know why I continue to be surprised. There was an out-of-town worship team who sang Amazing Grace but it wasn't just any Amazing Grace- it was MY Amazing Grace. THIS Amazing Grace- the native, base-thumping version. It just felt like a big, giant hug. So I'm feeling better....and in my friend Maegan's words, feeling blessed.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yes... that was a fantastic group of ladies wasn't it?!

I hope your week is going well and you are finding blessings and joy as you make a difference in the lives of young men and women!

Have a GREAT day... and thanks for the "one word" comment!

Kelly said...

lisa, i just had to stop to let you know how much peace your blog brings to me. at times when my own life is spinning and i am losing focus, all i have to do is stop at the mcelroy blog. everything you say touches me so deep that it brings me back to where i need to be. and on a night like tonight where my mind is clouded with so many irrelevant circumstances and i'm up 'till 2am because i can't sleep, i visit your blog and find the peace and calm that i need.

thank you for sharing all that you do.