simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Ryanisms III


Ryan: "Mom, can I marry you?
Me: "I'm already married to your dad, Ryan, but you can marry someone else someday."
Ryan: "Nah, I just want to marry you."
Me: "Why?"
Ryan: "Because that way, I can sleep in your bed every night."

I was flipping through channels on the TV when we came across a show where two people were kissing (like they do in France) :)


Ryan: "Ouch...why are those people giving biting kisses?"


I stepped onto the front porch to inform Ryan that he was playing where I could not see him and he knows that is not allowed.



Me: "Ryan, you need to play where I can see you."
Ryan: "But I have to go over there."
Roland (the neighbor boy): "Ryan said he's going to throw me over your neighbor's fence and lock me up in his backyard."
Ryan: shrugs, like he's innocent.
Me: "Ryan, why did you say that to Roland?"
Ryan: "Mom, I have to go over there because that is where my work is. I have to go to work and lock up the bad people, like my dad."
Me: "Ryan, Roland's not bad."

2 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so sweet! You can look back through your blog a few years from now and remember these precious conversations.

Amy said...

These crack me up!!! I love reading them.