simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Hanging from a Cliff

Today was our first day of marital counseling. Yes, marital counseling. I know, I know- negative connotation but for us, it works. Sometimes we just need a referee. Someone to blow the whistle and remind us that sometimes not all is fair in the rules of love.

I literally had nightmares waiting for this day but the session was great- far exceeded my expectation. Part of the beginning conversation was telling the 'guy' how JD and I met- why we fell in love- all that gushy, lovey-dovey stuff that we probably don't say often enough. When I was explaining what drew me to JD, I said this:

"I always wanted to marry a man who had the strength to lift me up off a cliff".

And you know what the dr. said???

"Sounds like maybe a metaphor for you life".

Holy cow. Can you even believe that? I can't even tell you how many cliffs, metaphorically speaking, JD has pulled me off- saved me from. Just gives me big 'ol PEOPLE BUMPS thinking about it!

What a great day.

2 comments:

Stacy B said...

Sometimes I am amazed at "their" insight...the men in our lives. I never give my husband or dad enough credit, they observe more than we realize.

Crystal said...

I am so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with the counselor. :)