simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Friday, March 13, 2009

A {little} Bedroom Bling

A few weeks ago, Macy's had a sale on bedding. Not just ANY bedding- this special set that I've been eye-balling and oogling over every time I walk by the display. It's been way out of my price range and I'm kind of a cheap skate as it is, so when I saw the price tag I had to just 'let it go'. Sad, but true.

Then Macy's had a sale. The whole kit and kaboodle was 40% off and in addition to that, if you buy two items, then one of them is half off. Did you catch that? HALF off the SALE price? So in my math-teaching brain of a head, that means if I buy four items, then two of them are half off the sale price (the sale price is 40% off...and on top of that, 50% off...). What that boils down to, is two items that are 90% off...and that's only a mere 10% away from FREE! I explained my logic to the clerk, and she totally agreed.

It was a deal I simply couldn't resist. Even if I am on the Dave Ramsey plan (I know, I'm immature but I'm trying- does that not count for anything?) I did pay with cash though.

Anyhoo, this is it:
(but it's not from my actual bed because let's face it, when would it EVER look this good?)

Cute, huh? I didn't get the Euro shams or throw pillows though. That's a little too much bedding management for me. Plus, they would just end up on the floor and Sadie would sleep on them.

The sheets are seriously divine. They are SO soft - the kind that get washed and put right back on the bed. I've never had sheets (or bedding) like this, so I'm a wee bit excited about it.

And don't, for one second, feel bad for JD on this one. If I can deal with dead animal hides and skulls of {things} around my house, then yeah, he can sleep in pink. He looks good in pink - hahaha.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!

I'm sure JD will be totally fine with it if it makes your heart sing :)

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Crystal said...

Wowzers that was a great deal! Good find! I can't wait to see it.

candy said...

You're such a bargain shopper. Very pretty set....BUT do you know who else loves pink and flowers??? You guessed it Sadie-dog. Black and pink go great together. HAHA Just kidding!!

Sweet Blessings said...

What beautiful new Bedroom Bling!!! I want one :D And, you are amazing....getting the BEST deal ever...YOU really MUST take me shopping...I'm lucky to even find something on sale..ha, ha....Hope your dreams are forever cozy and sweet ones in your new sheets! Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

So cute and love that your scored with a smokin deal!!!
Loved having you here last night!
Talk soon!

Maeg said...

The set is gorgeous! You are such a shopper- always looking for great deals.

Nicole said...

I was just catching up on blogs and had to laugh at your comment about JD's dead things on the wall thats how it is here too. Your bedroom set is so cute!!