simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

What does a farmer's field and a glacier have in common?

This rock.


We stopped at this brown sign somewhere right after McMinville, Oregon:I like brown signs. They intrigue me. JD thinks it's annoying that we stop at brown signs. I'm just awfully glad that the government color coded signs. It makes traveling so much nicer. Just up that path there is the fruit of this brown sign just waiting to be revealed to us.




Here's Ryan with his new "pet" he found alon the way.
His name is Jack (in case you were wondering):Ryan thought Jack might need a friend so he spent his hike up to the glacial rock looking for worms. Friendly worms.Here they are ... almost at the rock.You know, there is something rather timeless about dancing on
a glacial rock singin' "bow chica wow- wow" with your boys.You'll have to excuse the fro I'm sportin'. Portland is very rainy ;)
Check out this handsome lil fellow- those eyes just draw ya in, huh?
Or pretending you're a plane flyin' on top of the world.
A P51 Mustang (in case you were wondering) The p51 Mustang crashing...

Puddles. Ah, the wonder of puddles.



Wanna know how to get an almost-two-year old to hurry it up?
Just yell "get ready....get set....GO!!!!"
And tell him to catch up with his brother.


I am so blessed to have these boys. Shoot. It just boggles my mind.
They had so much fun at this rock.


...this glacial rock...


...in the middle of a field...




Even JD joined in the race.


And just think...if it hadn't been for that brown sign...

9 comments:

Doozyanner said...

What awesome pictures! I love the one of Gage stomping in the puddle on top of the rock. It was good to visit with you guys tonight--your boys are so much fun. Have a great week back at school! :-)

Crystal said...

Lisa,
I have to say this is one of my abosolute favorite posts of all time! The pictures are timeless. Seriously, you need to blow them up and hang them on your wall! What wonderful "boys" you have.....all 3 of them! ANd they are are so blessed to have you (especially when you are on the lookout for BROWN signs!)

Amy said...

I don't know why but I find it funny that JD is annoyed by brown signs. LOL. I can see him spotting it before you and trying to divert your attention elswhere so you miss it. haha! How many times do you think that has happened?

Lindsay said...

What a great {stop} this was! You definitely got some treasures for your wall or photo album ... and that dancing on the rock and running down the path ... those are memories your boys will always love!

I bet they beg to stop at {brown signs} for years to come :)

Sweet Blessings said...

What beautiful pictures you captured of your stop at the brown sign! Those are perfect, and amazing, and I hope you frame them and hang them up somewhere! :D The colors of the sky and the grass and life itself are so intense :D

As for those beautiful, big brown eyes...I'm thinking he gets those from his Mama!
Thanks so much for sharing part of your trip with us...and for always, always bringing a smile to my heart & day! May you have the BEST of Mondays....Sweet blessings!

Maeg said...

i don't know if it's the music in the background, or the dream of spending days like that with my guys, or just the pics of you and your guys, but I am crying! I love your blogs!!! You take amazing pictures and seem to capture so much. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

You are a riot...I love it!
You make me laugh!

Katie said...

Oh, this is great! I will be thinking of you now whenever I see a brown sign :)

Love the pictures!

Have a great week!

DEA said...

Lisa,
Your pictures & words always bring tears to my eyes, they are precious and always make me stop & think how fast time does fly by! Everyone needs to stop & take time to enjoy their families!