So last night, JD and I stayed up til midnight finishing our deck. But before I go into that, let me provide a bit of background.
2.5 yrs ago at Home:
"Trex decking is way too expensive. Let's build the deck out of wood." (note the 'let's'- ha!)
2 yrs ago at Home Depot:
"This is Behr paint. I've heard great things about this kind of paint. Oh, cool it's a stain too. Wow, even better...it'll last up to five years. Let's get it."
2 weeks ago at Home:
"Let's strip this crappy Behr paint off the deck and do it right. I think I'll try to blast it off with the pressure washer (didn't work)...how about this paint stripper? (didn't work)"
2 days ago at Home Depot:
"I don't know about the Cedar Stain. It's kinda dark. Plus, if we go with a lighter oil based stain, it might be a nice contrast with the pergolla. Let's get it."
2 days of belt sanding...2 days of hand sanding...
2 hours at FunLand park last night:
"Boy, the air sure is still. It's like a calm before a storm, you know? Weird when it's so hot."
2 hours of staining, finally finished at midnight...
and we wake up to RAIN!
One might say to oneself, "Why didn't you check the weather report before you stained your deck". I did! Can you believe it? The weather report said a 10% chance of rain. Come on! When does it rain with a 10% chance????
I don't know what's going to happen with the deck. It got all 'spotty' and so I stomped my foot at it. Durn rain anyway.
And then I started openning the windows in the whole entire house...and the rain, it feels so good. It smells so good. It's all good. So Jesus, bring the rain. It's all good.
Moral of the story: When life gives you rain, dance in it!
4 comments:
I love how you just roll with the punches, I could learn a lot from you!
When life throws you lemons....way to make lemonade girl! Happy Anniversary!
well, you've got a GREAT attitude about it! :)
Do you know that worship song that has the phrase "Open the flood gates of heaven and let it rain". It's such an awesome song. You can't help but want to dance in the rain.
Sorry about the deck though...my prayer is that you don't have to re-do it.
Post a Comment